PDA

View Full Version : Help wanted

Arjan
11-29-2001, 06:34 PM
Is there some one willing to help me with some of the content for BRnet.

its about the intro texts for each section and subsection

most of the time when going to a section you are promted with : Intro to the Birthright Campaign, but it has nothing to do with the actioal section.

if you want to help, just let me know

Arjan

Lord Eldred
11-29-2001, 10:37 PM
arjan,

I will write all of the College of Sorcery Intros. Just tell me how you want me to submit them to you.

Lord Eldred

Arjan
11-30-2001, 08:21 AM
Just email it to me, and i'll put it in the DB

Arjan

any one else want to help??

morgramen
11-30-2001, 11:28 PM
Count me in Arjan!

Bryon
12-02-2001, 03:01 PM
I know I am a lurker, but if you need any grunt work I am open to it. I have started a links list and can keep that updated for you. Checking it often.

Any thing else you need just ask.

Lawgiver
12-04-2001, 05:17 AM
Let me know what I can do to help.

Arjan
12-04-2001, 06:23 PM
You said you are a programmer, any knowledge about PHP and MySQL?

morgramen
12-05-2001, 07:40 AM
Great work on the Introductions Lord Eldred. One complaint though.... you failed to consider the Dread Morg's Ultimate power!!

In a battle of wits and magikry, the Dread Morg would wipe it up with this punk Xerath!

So, for anyone who stumbles by, please read the word "Dread Morg" in each instance that refers to "Xerath".

:P

Lawgiver
12-08-2001, 05:35 PM
My primary job is object oriented progarmming in VB 6.0, but we pull all of our data and build our reporting recordsets using SQL and SQL stored procs, quite similar to the Batchi used by your moisture vaporators... er, sorry... which may be similar to MySQL. Unfortnuatly, I don't know the difference between the two (if any). I'm sure the basic structures for the queries are near identical, if not I'm sure I can pick it up from some sample stuff you've got.

As far as PHP... no. Uh other than I think PHP stands for "Personal Homepage Page" builder/language or something. From what I know of it, its some sort of scripting language you can use for webpages other than HTML or java. Isn't PHP for Linux? Are you using a Linux Server???

I learn quickly and can pick up on most stuff pretty rapidly. I don't have the cash for a book to learn, but if you know any good websites I'm willing to learn.

Lord Eldred
12-08-2001, 07:38 PM
Orginally posted by morgramen

Great work on the Introductions Lord Eldred. One complaint though.... you failed to consider the Dread Morg's Ultimate power!!

In a battle of wits and magikry, the Dread Morg would wipe it up with this punk Xerath!

So, for anyone who stumbles by, please read the word "Dread Morg" in each instance that refers to "Xerath".

:P

Thanks Morgramen,

I am sure Dread Morg would wipe it up with this punk Xerath but don't tell Xerath I said that because I don't want any problems in my realm!

I also got in trouble with Lord Shaene who yelled at me for making him look like a wimp. He too feels he could wipe it up with Xerath! I am sure Xerath will have something to say about that;)

I should have the intros for magic items and weapons done by the end of this weekend. Let me know what you think!

Eisel Miloh
01-07-2002, 07:15 PM
for any drudge work necessary. I am totally web page illiterate, but I can type and edit and research like nobody's business. (And I'm a decent speller).

Arius Vistoon
02-06-2002, 03:06 AM
i'm scientist computer
php/mysql/apach/linux and more !

if you are need some little help
contact me, but my natal language is french,
and my time is short...