PDA

View Full Version : Bloodtheft on your own children

Sivar Windlass
11-27-2001, 01:29 PM
If you are blooded and impragnate your wife and when she has children can you kill the children and take their bloodline?

I had this idea moments ago, and I cant get rid of it. Well I have said it often in the heat of the moment but I havent thought about it.

No player would bother to do this because it takes time and it is very evil! But a vilain could do this. He would think about the children like crops, that he would harvest them every 9 months or so.

I am thinking about Rhoube Manslayer. He is very evil and is cornered. HE is in a very dificult situation that looks to me that is very lost. But with this Idea he could raise his bloodline and grow in power. And his loyal followers too.

Well is it possible? Or is it maybe too much?

Lord Eldred
11-27-2001, 09:03 PM
Where do you get these sick thoughts? It is possible but you would definately be evil and should get a quick death from the forces of good!

May Haelyn bring comfort to your troubled soul!

morgramen
11-28-2001, 09:58 PM
Lord Eldred!!! You've gottne another star!!! :)

This concept has been mentioned a few times since I've been around the community. Here's my take on this matter:

I think it is possible in the mechanics of the system. Is it in the flavour though?? That depends on you I guess.

I would allow this personally, but I would cap it somehow, otherwise the evil bad guys would all have ultra-mega bloodlines by now.

I think I would go with the concept that you can only 'inbreed' your own bloodline so much. After a certain point, the "DNA "of the divine essence gets a little.... mutated (one too many chromosomes or something), and you can actually end up poisoning your own line with some sort of genetic "bloodline disease".

New thought!!!! Bloodlien Diseases!!! OOOOOOoooOOOo... possibilities.....

Lord Eldred
11-29-2001, 12:58 AM
Do this one too many times and your bloodline actually starts to degenerate! Perhaps it would bring on curses with it because of the sheer evilness of the act. I also think you hit on another idea for wizards or evil clerics...poison bloodline.

Magian
11-29-2001, 04:11 AM
This sounds like a practice that the humanoids and beastmen would do, perhaps the Vos also.

I would think that something like this would actually be degressive in result. Most definitely I would taint the line with azrai with such an evil act.

The line of succession does travel downward thus I would think that this type of behavior would fail right of the bat.

Rhoubhe doing this? I think he may do it to humans as cattle but not his own blood.

Well sorry I can't come up with some sound perspective on this, just some ideas.

Temujin
11-30-2001, 11:22 PM
You don't get to use your blood abilities as a teen, yet alone as a baby. I tend to think of the blood abilities as something you discover with age, that you learn how to use, probably near the end of puberty. So, I would probably rule that you can't gain any bloodline from a bloodtheft of anyone who has not manifested his blood yet. Are you really willing to wait 15 years or so to gain 1 point of bloodline from your own kid? Sounds like it could solve that matter.

Lord Eldred
12-01-2001, 01:09 AM
I would understand that you don't discover the advantages of your bloodline to a later age but are you suggesting that you don't actually become blooded until you have hit puberty? It is an interesting concept though and could prevent that sick suggestion from taking hold.

Temujin
12-01-2001, 08:40 AM
You are blooded at birth, its just that the bloodline is latent. And so, if the bloodline can't be activated, I see no reason why it could be stripped away from the child with a divestiture or bloodtheft.

Sivar Windlass
12-01-2001, 01:02 PM
Well that wont matter to me!
Because I am thinking about an elf, and he can wait 15 years. But I dont think a bloodline is not there until he reaches puberty but only his bloodpowers.

I am thinking about this to show what lenghts Rhoube Manslayer would go to kill all the humans.

But I am still wondering.

Lord Eldred
12-01-2001, 06:23 PM
I know that Rhoube is evil but would he kill his own? I don't think so. He may go out of his way to kill as many human scions through bloodtheft as possible but I am not so sure he would kill his own child to advance his bloodline.

Sivar Windlass
12-01-2001, 09:43 PM
Well my thought is

1.Rhoube or one of his liutentants impregnates a human woman or find one blooded human that has a bloodline and watches him.
2.Then watches that child grow up and have children.
3.Then watch as the children childrens grow up and have children.
4.Reap the harvest on the children.

That would take time and patience, and I thought that Rhoube had enough of it!

Lord Eldred
12-02-2001, 03:20 AM
Rhoube hates humans therefore would he

a) want to do what is required to impregnate a human female?

B) be able to stand the children being around while they were growing up?

c) endure the behind the back gossip from his henchmen about him actually being a human lover because he took a human female?

I just don't see this happening.

morgramen
12-02-2001, 03:59 AM
Another angle that occured to me:

Perhaps Rhuobhe is so adamante and stallwart in his hate of humanity, that he wouldn't even consider staining his 'pure sidhelien' blood with the filth of humanity.

After all, he does hate man, so why would he wish to pollute his own purity with their poison and cooruption. It might indeed heighten his own power were he to do it, but I think Rhuobhe would vomit at the thought personally.

Magian
12-02-2001, 05:40 AM
My opinion of Rhoubhe is that he is more like a Geronimo or Crazy Horse. A warrior so driven to preserve his people's way of life that he is consumed with hatred of the white-eye and kills them every chance he gets. However he has a sense of honor and will from time to time mingle with some outstanding humans that stand up to him, giving a show of bravery, which he values.

His bloodline I am not sure how he would really want to increase it, since his domain power is so far below it anyway to give him much advantage from doing it. However I also consider him a terrorist/guerilla-like warlord with a taint of the shadow making him the first shadow-elf. This taint may have warped him into such perverse things, but I think his drive is fueled by his people's way of life and protecting that and not a gain of power. It seems to me he sees himself as a hero of the elves who has sacrificed his natural being in order to rid the world of the pesty humans and some elves buy into that. He treats his followers as brethren and they all act as his LTs and they come and they go. Even the Red Bull simply just left without a bloody contest for the bloodline, however the Green Man and Rhuobhe are in parly for just that.

Sivar Windlass
12-02-2001, 12:37 PM
Well this were my first thoughts on Rhoube. He was a kind of hero that thought of Sidhaliens and then of his battle against Humans. He wanted the humans driven out of Cerila but would not go against his elven traditions.

But then I saw his alignment! NE.... Neutral evil. In my mind a neutral evil guy would do anything to further his own goal. ANYTHING! He would

1.Impragnate human woman to harvest the bloodline... well basicly it is just like putting down crops!
2.Sacrifice a elven realm like Thuarvhiel that has taken a love for the humans.

BUT!
Is this the right vision of Rhoube? I dont know. That is why I am having doubts about this bloodline theft.
But he is a villain. Is he a villain with honor? His alignment says otherwise but what do you think?

Lord Eldred
12-03-2001, 01:42 PM
while agree that his alignment makes him capable of doing anything, I still think that his disgust for humans would make him not want to taint his bloodline in this way.

Magian
12-04-2001, 05:00 PM
In regards to his NE alignment, this is a transition he made from true Neutral when he embraced the shadow. I think that is why his alignment is the way it is. Alignments are very open ended castes in which many outlooks and behaviors can be implemented into each one.

Regardless of what I said I say go with what you feel he is all about, we each have our own interpretations that is what makes the game capable of limitless replay.

warlord_nabron
12-05-2001, 02:47 PM
Rhuobhe already has a son, Spiritrender, detailed (albiet briefly) in Sword and Crown. Not only has the Manslayer not performed bloodtheft on him, but he actually established Spiritrender as ruler of an orog settlement (Kal Antherak). There are plenty of ways to improve bloodline strength other than knocking up women and waiting around for them to give birth to offspring. Arrange for an animal (rabbits work real for this) to be invested with a bloodline. Breed the animal until you have to kill several every day just to keep them from eating you out of house and home. You'll have been able to increase your bloodline several times a day every day before the first of your personally-impregnated females ever produces a child. Another would be to just have Rhuobhe roam the borders of Avanil, Boeruine, and Tuornen killing anyone blooded he runs across.

Temujin
12-06-2001, 03:35 PM
:Haelyn reaches down and smithes all those who thought about producing blooded persons on an industrial scale for the purpose of bloodtheft:

Darned them all, can't they give me a break? ;p

Lord Eldred
12-07-2001, 01:39 AM
Praise Haelyn for his wisdom in smithing all those who have pondered this thought. I tried to warn them that they shouldn't be thinking such evil thoughts yet they insisted. May Haelyn forgive me for even participating in this conversation!

Lawgiver
12-07-2001, 03:09 AM
May I just say that this entire of line of questioning is just sick... Sick I tell ya... SICK! Get your minds out of the gutter. Why are you trying to find ways to justify such a despicably vile and evil act?

Lord Eldred
12-08-2001, 02:32 AM
May Haelyn (or God...that is for you Lawgiver) have pity on their souls!

Hallur
12-13-2001, 04:09 AM
I think what sivar is saying is far more decadent than you can posibly imagen. Rhoube would if I understand him correctly, witch sould not be a problem since I am a Friend of his, Rape human females and then wate for some years maybee even a wery long time 100 years and then go reap the harvest of his seading. THey would all be blooded with azri blood line and all would be his on relatives, but distant, since he would be thear great grand father, or some thing

Lawgiver
12-13-2001, 04:14 AM
I'm not denying the possibility of the issue. Its just to vile an act for someone like me to have in my campaign. Even if I were to play with that twisted plot line I still doubt that Rhoubhe would curse himself by using human whores. He has far to much pride. Such an act would be sacrilege even in his mind. Elves stooping to the level of raping human women!?!. BAH! Your mind is far more twisted than the Manslayers!

Lord Eldred
12-13-2001, 01:01 PM
Orginally posted by Lawgiver

I'm not denying the possibility of the issue. Its just to vile an act for someone like me to have in my campaign. Even if I were to play with that twisted plot line I still doubt that Rhoubhe would curse himself by using human whores. He has far to much pride. Such an act would be sacrilege even in his mind. Elves stooping to the level of raping human women!?!. BAH! Your mind is far more twisted than the Manslayers!

I would have to agree!

Sivar Windlass
12-14-2001, 03:46 PM
OK.. it seems that my mind works in sick ways. Well it is sometimes hard to be me ;)

But one more point.

Does Rhoube have a pride? He has been fighting the Humans for 1500 years and he know that he is loosing! Maybe the humans arent winning, the anuriens are split up, the rjuriks are bickering, the khinasi are falling to the answeghs etc.

But the winner sure aint elves! They are loosing on all levels. Loosing land, people and honore because some of the elves are working with humans.

So what does he do? Does he have too much pride to do everything possible so the humans (including the human answeghs) will leave Cerila? Will he start a war in Anurie, if he could? Yes definatly! Would he sacrifice an elven kingdom for that? I would think so, if he is sure that he would win and maybe get more suporters. Would he impragnate human woman to get crops? Hm..... I dont say rape because that means that the humans would have feelings and rape is an awful act. It would just be a simple spell (like alter self) and charm the woman and impragnate her. Is it possible?

HE wont gain much in it, that is true, but his followers would! They would gain powerful blood line with some powers!

these would be his children... so he would never kill them right away. And rhoube probably does have some elven children and he would never kill them. He would wait until his elven blood would be almost disapeered and then he would gather his crops.

Well..... if you think that is sick, wait until you hear my thoughts about the White Witch. hehehe :P

Lawgiver
12-15-2001, 06:43 AM
Sivar Windlass:

I still disagree with your view of Rhoubhe... but to each his own.

White Witch: Spare us... Please!

Sivar Windlass
12-15-2001, 04:40 PM
Lawgiver:

Well this is not my vision of Rhoube. I dont know what to think of that charachter. I really dont. But that is an idea that fell into my mind. And I am thinking could he do it? And why should he do it?

I have no clear vision of that charachter now....

Lawgiver
12-15-2001, 05:44 PM
In my camapaign he is actually a sad 'man' he often spends time alone in his tower staring out at the forests and the human realms beyond. He feels the pain of the land around him and the agony the humans inflict on it. When he can bear the agony no more he looses his rage on the humans. He tends to have a bipolar syndrome. He goes from deep depression to fits of rage. He is not completely heartless..but is disillusioned. He longs for peace with humans. But knows that such an agreement is impossible, humans cannot make deals and stick with them. Thus the only solution he can find is to wipe them out.

Riegan Swordwraith
12-15-2001, 09:21 PM
Well I have to agree on many points....To sire children just to slay them for power is only the most depraved act one could do.I do not think Roubhe would stoop to using a human in such a manner,and in the process passing good clean elven blood to the despised humans.

But another point to this,if memory serves,do not elves look upon half-elves as elf???Would Roubhe see a difference??And would his followers??If he and his people do,would they be willing to slay their own for power??It is in my opinion that if he and his followers were to engage in such an act,and it became known,I think even the elves would take steps in order to destroy him.

Just my two coppers.....

Sivar Windlass
12-16-2001, 03:32 AM
Well yes half elves are considered elves.... but that is why Rhoube would never kill the first generation.... he would wait for few geneartions..... maybe 4 or 5 and then Reap them.

Would an elf consider a human that had a elven great,great, great grandfater an Elf?

He would never use the humans as a tool? Well he is going to wipe them out of Cerila.... he would kill children, old people, woman all the things he could get his hands on (well that is my opionion)... but would not use them?.....

Lawgiver
12-16-2001, 03:50 AM
Orginally posted by Riegan Swordwraith
But another point to this,if memory serves,do not elves look upon half-elves as elf???Would Roubhe see a difference??And would his followers??If he and his people do,would they be willing to slay their own for power??It is in my opinion that if he and his followers were to engage in such an act,and it became known,I think even the elves would take steps in order to destroy him.
I don't doubt that if Rhoubhe took this course of action his people would seek to destroy him.

Sivar Windlass
12-16-2001, 04:25 AM
The elves hate Rhoube. One elf is currently in Tournen and seeking the will or Tournen regent to kill Rhoube. (cant remember his name).

Many elves would like to see him dead! And the reason is not the bloodtheft.

Riegan Swordwraith
12-16-2001, 06:31 AM
You are correct.Thank you for pointing that out.

What I meant to say was,that if they found out he was doing something of that caliber,the elves would take much more active position in destroying him.

I think that more accurately portrays my thoughts.