PDA

View Full Version : BLOODTheft?

dmferry
11-27-2001, 09:44 AM
Hi there,

What is the chance that a character who is blooded knows how to suck blood from an blooded enemy by sticking the sword into the heart.

And if you steal the blood what is the chance that the blood will “take over” your bloodline ? I saw that somewhere in a rulebook but I can’t find it anymore.

~dmferry

Arjan
11-27-2001, 10:07 AM
Hey Ferry,
In the book of regency are several pages about what happens when bloodtheft occurs or what happens when a BL decreases or increases.

on brnet : Crown of Glory -> Book of regency

Arjan

dmferry
11-27-2001, 10:08 AM
thats the place where I saw it...thanks

Arjan
11-27-2001, 10:10 AM
graag gedaan ;)

dmferry
11-27-2001, 10:18 AM
hehe tof,

ff engels : But what is the chance a character knows how to kill a blooded enemy. Is it common knowledge to stab a enemy in the heart and what will be the difficulty. If it's common knowledge than my players will kill everything with a stab in the heart.

~dmferry

Arjan
11-27-2001, 10:25 AM
When two blooded scions meet in battle and one falls, his slayer gains a part of his bloodline power. The scions of Cerilia discovered this unpleasant fact soon after the events at Mount Deismaar. The betrayals and feuds of Cerilia’s scions have fueled more than a thousand years of ceaseless war.

IMO this wont work for non-blooded, i would use a timaevril weapon to do if needed

and since there are only twelve and six of them are in Kal-Saitharak under the gorgons bed.... :)

you can also follow this thread: http://www.birthright.net/read.php?TID=54

Arjan
11-27-2001, 10:40 AM
Orginally posted by dmferry

If it's common knowledge than my players will kill everything with a stab in the heart.

if it is, maybe others will hunt down your PC's for their Bloodline ;)

Lord Eldred
11-27-2001, 09:08 PM
The killing blow must be one to the heart. This is not easy to achieve. If you are only attacking the heart, you will have less chance to hit while your opponent finishes you off by not attacking the heart. In fact Ferry that is how you should get your PCs to back off on it. Kill one of them while they keep stabbing at the heart.

Sivar Windlass
11-27-2001, 11:57 PM
Well in the 3rd edition rules you can only blood theft a guy when he is helpless, do it via Coup de grace (hmmm... dont know if that is the right word?)

But are the players doing that a lot. My players dont do it because it is evil and you can get the taint of Azrai by doing that.

dmferry
11-28-2001, 07:45 AM
They don't know how to kill a blooded enemy and they are affraif of the blood taint. Soon they are going to meet an enemy who will try to kill one of the blooded characters. Then they might know more about bloodtheft.

~dmferry

Lord Eldred
11-29-2001, 01:02 AM
A majority of the characters know about bloodtheft because there were attempts on their bloodlines. One was even challenged to a blood duel so that the winner would get a chance to bloodtheft. However, they do not go out of their way to committ bloodtheft. They talk about it but are more concerned about killing the bad guy off then capturing the bloodline at the last moment. I really don't think you will have a problem with it.

Magian
11-29-2001, 04:03 AM
As far as the difficulty of hitting the blooded character through the heart I would imply the called shot rule if that is used by you. Forgive me being stuck in 1e and 2e if this term is not used in 3e, hey I am making the transition slowly cause I am using the magical item creation rules from 3e.

As far as characters knowing about bloodtheft I would have to say that bloodtheft is known and perhaps common knowledge all around Cerilia, however it is tabu to speak of planning such acts between the blooded. IMO.

Lawgiver
12-06-2001, 04:32 AM
I use it based on Critical hits and called shots. Critical hits occur on a natural roll of 20 (only if you have at least 5 pt difference in the To-Hit roll and the 20... ie. To-hit of 15 or less). Cirtical hits are easier and far more common based on the weapon specialization of characters (fan_of_enoch.tripod.com (http://fan_of_enoch.tripod.com) - Genreal/Optional Rules. Called shots in my campaign have a -4 to hit and a +2 to attckers AC do to concentrated effort on a forced attack.

We also have a theory that regents in combat have a Highlander thing going on... "There can be only one..." Just has Highlanders finish the combat with the decapitating blow BR PCs finish with a piercing blow to the heart. It also involves a similar light display to the highlander thing for effect...It may not be 100% realistic in combat (you kill or be killed, forget the fancy finish...), but the is a fatasy game and this is one of the few "romanticized" items of roleplaying that exists only in BR.

Lord Eldred
12-07-2001, 01:43 AM
You lost me in the end. Are you saying that we should just assume that the killing blow between scions is always through the heart?

Lawgiver
12-07-2001, 03:07 AM
no but its generally a trend that players who are whipping up on the opponent and know they are nearing death begin to go for the called shots at the end. I don't just give it to them... but ironically I've never had one that wasn't successful.