PDA

View Full Version : New PBEM Help

bcraddock01
07-28-2011, 03:49 AM
Hi all,

I an looking to start a gameq as a co GM. Just email me at bcraddock01 at gmail.com

dyring
07-28-2011, 07:06 AM
Good luck, and hope you get it working. I canīt help with the GM part, but once you need players... ;)

//dyring

Bialaska
08-03-2011, 10:36 PM
It is hard to give advice, when you don't really post more about your thoughts and ideas.

In basis the first choice is where to set the game. Traditional Anuire? Or a Khinasi game? Or Vos, Rjurik or Brecht? Or perhaps some original area?

Once the area has been chosen, you need to make more decisions about the game.

Is it the entire area (example: all of Anuire) or is it limited (example: South coast - Diemed, Medoere, Roesone, Ilien, Aerenwe): This decides the number of players the game can theoretically handle. But more unplayed domains also puts a greater burden on the GM.

Choose a theme or don't, just make certain to consider it. I've seen games both with and without themes and it can be both good or bad. Is the game about taking out the Gorgon, about an Emperor's rise to the power or his Fall? Or something third? Or is it a complete sandbox, in which players don't have any theme, but makes the story themselves?

Now you can decide which regents should be PCs and which should be NPCs (most often Awnsheglien, though several games also make mages into NPCs). Some domains might be playable by PCs, but have restrictions, such as you already being familiar with the player and their playstyle, before leaving Avanil, Ghoere or Boeruine in their hands.

I think that's the advice I can give to a starting GM. Though if you have more questions or need explanations, feel free to ask.