PDA

View Full Version : Inquiring Questions

Magian
05-04-2011, 09:43 PM
What is the status of the database?

Is it available to others?

Is there any more data entry needed to be done by those of us who know nothing of SQL and other programming?

Is there a campaign using it?

Does the rain in Spain fall mainly on the plain?

Dyark
05-05-2011, 03:46 AM
What is the status of the database?

Is it available to others?

Is there any more data entry needed to be done by those of us who know nothing of SQL and other programming?

Is there a campaign using it?

Does the rain in Spain fall mainly on the plain?

For the database, I had to take some small different direction on my side to work with my campaign (which we be available for many different campaign more details later)

By available, what do you mean, i can always export that in a format you want to us!

Of course any help would be great since i have to enter all the different class to all the rulers and lieutenants.

For the rain in spain I cannot answer, but I know our rain is wetter.. ;)

Magian
05-05-2011, 06:25 PM
By available I mean can others obtain a copy and check it out.

Apparently so by asking you.

However, my problem is I am unsure for what format available to myself to use. I recently have acquired Dreamweaver CS5.5 cause I want to start working on my own little website but that is just an editor. I noticed it allowed me to use a bunch of other different formats to be default for opening with DW. My other problem is that the last time I made my own website was when .html was new. Now it appears there are many other formats to use and I am overwhelmed. I guess maybe I'll have to take some classes when I go back to school to play some catchup.

When it comes to the database that we are talking about I am still not clear what I could use to "view" it so to speak. I guess I'd need some direction before we could establish an answer to your question of what format to use. What are my choices? Maybe I have one already and I don't know about it.

As far as data entry I am pretty much playing catchup again when it comes to classes. I am good on 2nd Ed. AD&D, and have some hybrid 3.0 - 3.5 Ed. ideas but am weak on how alot of it works and would need to brush up on it again, and 4E I haven't even looked at but I do have alot of the materials. I guess we'd have figure out what you need and what I can do and see if we have a match.

Dyark
05-05-2011, 10:56 PM
By available I mean can others obtain a copy and check it out.

Apparently so by asking you.

However, my problem is I am unsure for what format available to myself to use. I recently have acquired Dreamweaver CS5.5 cause I want to start working on my own little website but that is just an editor. I noticed it allowed me to use a bunch of other different formats to be default for opening with DW. My other problem is that the last time I made my own website was when .html was new. Now it appears there are many other formats to use and I am overwhelmed. I guess maybe I'll have to take some classes when I go back to school to play some catchup.

When it comes to the database that we are talking about I am still not clear what I could use to "view" it so to speak. I guess I'd need some direction before we could establish an answer to your question of what format to use. What are my choices? Maybe I have one already and I don't know about it.

As far as data entry I am pretty much playing catchup again when it comes to classes. I am good on 2nd Ed. AD&D, and have some hybrid 3.0 - 3.5 Ed. ideas but am weak on how alot of it works and would need to brush up on it again, and 4E I haven't even looked at but I do have alot of the materials. I guess we'd have figure out what you need and what I can do and see if we have a match.

If you want to have a web hosting game (i assume since you have dreamwever 5.5. Tell me the company you are hosting so i can see and tell you the easy option available for you.

By the way I have 3 hours earlier than you for the timezone.

Talk to you soon!

Magian
05-05-2011, 11:57 PM
I'll let you know when I get to the point of posting it up online. Any suggestions? Free please. Last time I used geocities.

Dyark
05-06-2011, 12:39 AM
I'll let you know when I get to the point of posting it up online. Any suggestions? Free please. Last time I used geocities.

for me I use hostmonster (3.95 a month) and it is really stable.

for free you could try
0000free.com (http://0000free.com/hosting.html) 3 mysql databse, use php, free has long has you have your own index page and using it every 60 days.

cloudhogs (http://www.cloudhogs.com/) unlimited mysql databse, 1GB space and brandwith, still php

you can look for more also, anything with mysql and php is fast and can be really big before having speed problems.

I recommand to you the php language when you want to run data from database, it is easy to use, free (works well with dreamweaver) and you can do almost everything with this. The huge advantage is that php is a server langage (runs from the server not the machine).

I can also provide you with my php build up pages. just let me know where you want to go.

Magian
05-06-2011, 11:18 AM
I'll give php a try and see what I can do with it. Sounds like I have a good setup for it.

Dyark
05-06-2011, 02:10 PM
I'll give php a try and see what I can do with it. Sounds like I have a good setup for it.

First choose a web hoster that accept mysql and PHP.

I can show you how to set up Dreamweaver for direct writing. Also all the parts regarding connecting to databse and the recordset can be made directly with dreamweaver (it will write the code for you).

My database is not all functional write now, but I can transfert it to you if you want. Another great tools is Navicat Navicat for MYSQL (http://www.navicat.com/en/products/navicat_mysql/mysql_overview.html) it is really intutive and you can see the data you extract right away.

Are you familiar with Microsoft Excel?

Magian
05-06-2011, 08:09 PM
I'll setup on an account with cloudhogs.

I downloaded navicat and will install that.

I know what excel is and I think I have office 07 package I'll have to install that. I am not very fluent with it as far as making equations with it, but I am play around and learn stuff and check out things. This makes me want to pick up some computer courses.

Dyark
05-06-2011, 08:20 PM
I'll setup on an account with cloudhogs.

I downloaded navicat and will install that.

I know what excel is and I think I have office 07 package I'll have to install that. I am not very fluent with it as far as making equations with it, but I am play around and learn stuff and check out things. This makes me want to pick up some computer courses.

Excel was mainly to understand how database work for row and columns.
Navicat is for using your databse (a lot easier than phpadmin, more visual)

When you have your account tell me!

Magian
05-06-2011, 09:56 PM
I made the account and I am trying to figure out how this works. I guess I am assuming they'd have a place to upload the files I make. I am sure things have changed since when I was doing it before. I'll keep looking around. Do you need some info from me?

Dyark
05-06-2011, 11:08 PM
I made the account and I am trying to figure out how this works. I guess I am assuming they'd have a place to upload the files I make. I am sure things have changed since when I was doing it before. I'll keep looking around. Do you need some info from me?

I will help you, i just register and i will host the images of how to use it for both dreamweaver and php.

As soon as my registartion is ok i will write back to you!

Magian
05-06-2011, 11:44 PM
I was having trouble with cloudhogs cause they required me to pay before seeing anything so I am checking out Hostmonster right now they have more info for me before I begin.

Dyark
05-06-2011, 11:54 PM
I was having trouble with cloudhogs cause they required me to pay before seeing anything so I am checking out Hostmonster right now they have more info for me before I begin.

I am just testing this one http://www.000webhost.com/ i will get back to you in a few minutes

Magian
05-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Hostmonster seems more user friendly with the videos on how to use the control panel. I am like it.

Dyark
05-07-2011, 12:16 AM
Hostmonster seems more user friendly with the videos on how to use the control panel. I am like it.

if you prefered a paid solution go with hostmonster, it is greate and stable

let me recommand you i got a free month :D

Magian
05-07-2011, 12:23 AM
Sure. Are you on facebook or email or something? Maybe we can take this conversation off thread.

Dyark
05-07-2011, 12:43 AM
Sure. Are you on facebook or email or something? Maybe we can take this conversation off thread.

log on icq
my number is 642-591-657