PDA

View Full Version : brnet issues

BRadmin
02-04-2011, 10:22 AM
recently brnet started to show unexplained problems. people cant register or retrieve passwords anymore, white pages after posting a thread or reply.
It also turned out the current provider (again) has some major ussues.

flip is currently moving athas.org to a new environment, and we will follow him there.

hopefully this will fix all the weird problems we are having.

to be continued

Vicente
02-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the update! :)

Birthright-L
02-09-2011, 11:33 PM
`preciate the efforts. Thanks.

Any luck figuring out what the problem is with uploading to the
wiki? I still get "We could not process your edit due to a loss of
session data" when I try to upload a file, and logging out then back
in doesn`t do the trick.

Thanks again,
Gary

Vicente
02-25-2011, 04:31 PM
Seems the dammed spam bots are out of control :( Any ideas about this? (add extra validation for users? having to enable accounts by admin? other?)

Thelandrin
02-25-2011, 05:14 PM
The posts are gone, but there's only so many times we can be online to delete them. :(

Vicente
02-25-2011, 10:02 PM
While this week I'll be out in the USA, I check the site pretty often, if you need help killing spam count on me :)

Arjan
02-26-2011, 12:06 PM
yes, i have seen the spam increase.. tried out a couple of spam filters, but all came with complications (register and pwd reset errors ..white screens)

my time is very very limited atm, and the forum should be upgraded again to a higher version.

perhaps arius wants to take a look at it

Arius Vistoon
03-01-2011, 11:38 PM
yes, i have seen the spam increase.. tried out a couple of spam filters, but all came with complications (register and pwd reset errors ..white screens)

my time is very very limited atm, and the forum should be upgraded again to a higher version.

perhaps arius wants to take a look at it

yes, i have some time (not a lot but because, i will get married this years..in other country of mine).
But because i lost my computer, i don't have previous "test-copy" of birthright.net, so i need it again to see where in the source code there are some problem and how we can resolve it

Arjan
03-03-2011, 10:25 AM
yes, i have some time (not a lot but because, i will get married this years..in other country of mine).
But because i lost my computer, i don't have previous "test-copy" of birthright.net, so i need it again to see where in the source code there are some problem and how we can resolve it

i think we have the majority under control again.. our Russian and Ukrainian friends didnt really like being warded from the site and decided to ddos us a bit.

we do have some minor issues still with the bridge between the forum and the wiki, but not something that can not wait.

good luck in planning the wedding

Arius Vistoon
03-04-2011, 06:02 AM
i think we have the majority under control again.. our Russian and Ukrainian friends didnt really like being warded from the site and decided to ddos us a bit.

we do have some minor issues still with the bridge between the forum and the wiki, but not something that can not wait.
Ok, don't hesitate to ask me help

good luck in planning the wedding
thank you, (i think it's the most complex thing i do until now !) :):):)

Nameless One
05-11-2011, 08:13 AM
Have you tried to use Akismet for spam filtering? I have a quite good experience with it.

Arjan
05-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Have you tried to use Akismet for spam filtering? I have a quite good experience with it.

we are using spam-o-matic and aksimet in combination :)