PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and NWN

Arknin
12-17-2010, 11:44 PM
Hello, fellow Birthright fans!

It's been a long time since I found out about this place but never registered. I was too deeply entrenched into my 2nd edition-ness and thought this 3.5 thing was straying too far from the original... but then, D&D 3.5 has strayed rather far from it's 2nd edition and so Birthright had to adapt.

While I realize this now, there are still many things I would have done differently, but I have a lot of respect for the work that was done here, and I noticed parts of the wiki were lacking in information I was able to provide, and so I intend to provide it.

As I said, I am mostly a 2nd edition player, where Birthright is concerned, but I mentioned NWN in the Title of my post, and that is what pushed me to register here.

You see, I am working on a Birthright module for NeverWinter Nights. This will not be a Persistent World but rather a medium for me to DM a campaign set in the Rjurik Highlands. I provided links to the wiki for my players to get information about the setting, as they unfortunately are not familiar with it, and while I'm here I figured I could let you people know about the campaign as well.

For now I have 2 sure players, a 3rd is seriously considering it. I am looking for a few more, so if some of you have NeverWinter Nights (first edition, with the Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark expansions) installed, feel free to have a look.

http://bnwnrjurikhighlands.runboard.com/

Fair warning, I handle most mechanics differently than what has been done here, as a matter of personal preference.

Sorry for the wall of text. ;)

Wishing
12-18-2010, 05:04 AM
When, where, frequency and what can I play? :)

Arknin
12-18-2010, 05:51 AM
Oh another from Quebec! I'm for that province as well, though not that city.

Let's see... the When has yet to be determined. It will likely be either in the evening, or in the weekend, or both, judging from past availabilities of the players I got so far.
If you mean when does it start, that is also undetermined. I have a lot of work to do before I'm ready to run my first session, but I also have a lot of free time to spend on it.

The Where is as said above. In the Rjurik Highlands (around the Taelshore, to be a little more specific), through the NeverWinter Nights game.

You can play a human of any culture, a halfling, an elf, half-elf, or dwarf. I'm using old-style 2nd ed class restrictions, however. Also, considering where the campaign starts and will be taking place, some race/classes will take more work than others to be approved for play.

All the info is on my forum!

adg
12-18-2010, 11:00 AM
I might be blind but cannot find your forum adress anywhere in your posts;)

AndrewTall
12-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Some of the other users did some NWN work a while back,

http://www.birthright.net/forums/showthread.php?2612-Birthright-for-Neverwinter-Nights&highlight=neverwinter

Is one place to look for contacts if you are interested.

Arknin
12-18-2010, 06:12 PM
I might be blind but cannot find your forum adress anywhere in your posts;)

You are not blind and I am a fool. ^^;

http://bnwnrjurikhighlands.runboard.com/

I was sure I put it there, but in fact I put it in my profile. >.>

Thanks for the link, AndrewTail, I wasn't aware of that!
Well I suspected it, since there's this guy back in 2002 who made all the scripts and things for having Bloodline Abilities in NWN. Which I'm using for my mod. Anyways, I'll check it out!

Edit: The thread is over 2000 days old and I can't reply too it... Talk about an old project!

Edonel Bladesong
12-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Oh another from Quebec! I'm for that province as well, though not that city.

Bon ben, ajoutez-en un autre!

Dyark
12-18-2010, 07:01 PM
oh yeah for shure

je suis in moi aussi

Arknin
12-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Ah des montréalais cette fois-ci, ça se rapproche de chez moi. :P

Translation: Ah montrealers this time, it's getting closer to my home.

Dyark
12-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Bien sur, on s'ennuie vite de notre chez nous !! :D

Arknin
12-19-2010, 07:13 PM
For those interested, please register on the above-linked forum.
Sure I might not be ready for a while but most likely after the holidays, I think. The more I learn, the faster I work!
Also, knowing what people want to play will help.
I got an Anuirean fighter and a half elf Rjurik bard so far.

Arius Vistoon
12-20-2010, 03:31 AM
j'adore NWN (la premiere version) et Birthright, of course.

Si tu fais des parties en francais alors là, c'est le pied !
Traduction : Je serais évidemment fortement intéressé

Arknin
12-20-2010, 05:10 AM
Na, désolé les parties sont en anglais.
Je fais ça avec quelques amis anglophones avec qui j'ai joué longtemps a NWN.
Honnêtement je svais même pas qu'il y avait des fans de Birthright francophones. Remarque, chez les anglophones, j'ai rarement connu qui que ce soit qui connait le setting non plus. o_O

So yeah, games in English.

Arius Vistoon
12-24-2010, 12:17 AM
Honnêtement je svais même pas qu'il y avait des fans de Birthright francophones.

qu'entend-je ? :D
La communauté francophone est certes peu nombreuses (et surtout non fédéré) mais elle existe bel et bien. Sisi
Mais j'en reparlerais à la fin de l'année (pas celle-ci qui s'achève mais celle de 2011)

Thelandrin
12-27-2010, 09:47 PM
At the risk of sounding parochial, can those not communicating in English please provide a translation?

Arknin
12-28-2010, 02:02 AM
The parts that aren't translated were mostly me saying I wasn't aware of a french Birthright community and so my campaign is in english with some english-speaking friends, and the other guy saying that there is indeed a french community, though it's small.

Arknin
02-09-2011, 10:29 PM
So, it seems one of the folks from here who had registered on my nwn game forum has vanished.
I did vanish for 3 weeks myself and make no mistake it -will- happen again.
In any case, I'm bumping this because we seem to be down to 4 players so there's room for a couple more.

Dyark
02-09-2011, 11:35 PM
still there but with work and the developpement for Birthright Deismaar i don't go on forum often

Arknin
02-10-2011, 12:49 AM
Try to, otherwise you'll miss important stuff.
I'm hoping to begin soon, even thoguh we might only be able to get one session in before I vanish again, if even that, but for that to happen, everyone needs to be ready.

Dyark
02-10-2011, 01:23 AM
i will follow you here

Arknin
02-10-2011, 03:49 PM
By "here" do you mean this here birthright.net forum, or mine?
I don't intend to use this here forum much, all the forum space I need to give information and discuss things means I need my own forum (which has been linked on page 1).