PDA

View Full Version : Deismaar coming in 2011

Dyark
12-16-2010, 11:29 AM
The development of the web play on deismaar.com is really advancing well !

The game will be web base with turn made live and also chat window, the maximum delay for an action will be apply (right now it is 24 hours) multiple DM will be possible (the world is really big) all the region will be playable (Anuire, Rjurik, Brechtur, Voosgard and Kinasi) the way i am developing the tool, many other custom region may be added for the long term.

You will choose between regent of provinces or organization. Also creation of new character will be possible as long as you put a lot of history to your character.

When the campaign will start, it will be on going (of course adjustment will be made depending on the need of everybody!

You can follow what I am doing at http://www.deismaar.com/Blog/. I will post as often as i can on the blog.

PS the blog is only for the development of the Deismaar game, any info on Birthright will stay here (Great place and tremendous work here)

See ya soon !

Mirviriam
01-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Sounds fun!

adg
01-02-2011, 04:30 PM
I dont have anything meaningful to ad or anything, But Im impressed with the work your doing and keep at it ;)

I am certain loads of people will love a way to lessen the workload for GM´s,it will mean more games for the rest of us :)

Mirviriam
01-02-2011, 08:28 PM
I noted on the character creation for list of things to do ... careful there, WizKids/milton are slapping down anyone who uses random number generators in their D&D char programs.

I was just working on design ideas for an action editor, which would let you create your own actions as a DM. Let me if interested in it. It was originally for spells & domain spells, but the system would basically be the same with less variables for actions than you need for spells.

Dyark
01-02-2011, 09:57 PM
I dont have anything meaningful to ad or anything, But Im impressed with the work your doing and keep at it ;)

I am certain loads of people will love a way to lessen the workload for GM´s,it will mean more games for the rest of us :)

basically i want multiple DM for faster play (max 24 hours for the action to take place) sp i am developping according to that

Dyark
01-02-2011, 10:03 PM
I noted on the character creation for list of things to do ... careful there, WizKids/milton are slapping down anyone who uses random number generators in their D&D char programs.

I was just working on design ideas for an action editor, which would let you create your own actions as a DM. Let me if interested in it. It was originally for spells & domain spells, but the system would basically be the same with less variables for actions than you need for spells.

great advice for random (i am more a point buy DM than anything, also the developpement of the family history will be really important)

Any spells or domain spell, if possible, be mathematical : what i mean is being easy to program exemple fireball & raise dead easy--> greater faith (bonus for the same faith) tuggher.

Anyway if you program stuff, let me know what you program for so i do not do it also. Oh yeah comment a lot it is easy to follow !
I am producing my XML file dynamically via php (Flex and Flash don't see a difference so sending data back and forth is easy.

Dyark
10-13-2011, 12:44 AM
Hi Everyone

I lost a lot of time correcting the database, almost finish :)

I have updated the interface for everybody, if you want to try it, go ahead and have fun !
Please report any bugs.

As soon as the central map turn blue, you are ready to go!

Choosing a domain load the datagrid of the provinces inside the domain and clicking a province load the holdings of the provinces.

here is the link http://www.deismaar.com/cerilia_map2/Map.html

rjurikwinds
10-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Wow! Very cool!

So on the right I was able to select a Realm, and see the provinces, and in the provinces the holding levels.

The menu on the left with action names; will that be in order to filter provinces that have an action going on?

Dyark
10-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the compliment.

The right is for doing action (it is empty as you can see) all the link will not be available until it is your turn.

What you see is the DM interface, the player will be the same without the choice of domain.

I am also creating a live feed of action so for the dm, you will see who's turn it is, what action whas ask, if any adjustement needs to be made before the DC roll.
Everyone will see the initiative list and an automatic email will be send when it is your turn.

I took the info and data you sent me to create my own. All the provinces can be customise to give the information we want.

It doesn't look like it, but it is a combo of Flash pro/Flex and PHP. All the data comes from php.

I'll keep eveyone updated

Jaleela
10-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Very nicely done. I notice when one clicks to view, it takes you back to birthright.net. Is that going to link to an associated wiki document, or is it a place holder link until you have more data?

Dyark
10-15-2011, 11:42 AM
Is that going to link to an associated wiki document, or is it a place holder link until you have more data?

That is a good point, i though long about this, and my prefered way would be to link to wiki since a lot of data is there. But i must decide link to what ?

Example you choose the domain of Impregnable Heart of Haelyn, the link you be to your domain page, the province, etc ...

I am trying to make sure the player and DM will not have a million click to choose.
It is a part i will developp soon.

I am working on the menu choice and the war interface. By the way it will not be the card game, the army will level up if the survive or are not too damaged.

Mirviriam
11-08-2015, 11:59 PM
Heyas Dyark...where are you on this, if you're still around? :)