PDA

View Full Version : Site upgraded

Arjan
10-17-2010, 10:45 PM
this weekend i have been playing with vbulletin4 and testing it to see if i could get it to work with the wiki (seamlessly integrating it again)
so far i can see everything should be working just fine. It could be that there are still some setting unset or wrongly set. so if you notice anything just let me know.
Also if you want to see other options.

Notable changes

Search - It now searches through posts AND wiki (finally!!)
Whats new - overview per category containing new items/post/wikientries
Facebook connection - you are now able to login/register with your facebook account (like pages too etc)
Download section - when uploading something, it will now also create a post on the forum (with backlink) to discuss the file
Sidebars - the sidebars on the forum and wiki can be collapsed for better view (or if you just hate them)
Linking wiki pages - in your posts on the forum you can now link to wiki articles using Main_Page or Arjan's Wiki user page (this also works for threads using 42918 or Click Me!)
Donate - also added a donate link since people asked for it. I indeed paid the forum licence myself (also sindre and i also maintain the domain names and dns records on a yearly base). It would also be great if we have something to spare for Chris Flipse for freeloading on his server.

for the rest, everything is totally revamped.. so have a look to see what is changed

I did screw up one thing, the download section.
I have restored all the files, but there are no descriptions and images anymore. I have given everyone rights to edit (i think). so if you see something that is yours, or you know a description, feel free to add it.

have fun
Arjan

rjurikwinds
10-18-2010, 02:11 AM
The site looks superb, I've got to cruize around and check things out!

Rey
10-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Lovely! Just got back here on time, I see.

Nice job, everyone.

Thelandrin
10-19-2010, 12:26 AM
The new look is going to take a lot of getting used to!

SirRobin
10-19-2010, 06:44 PM
It is going to take getting used to but I like it.

Kudos! http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n255/Sir_Robin_2006/Silly/plfglomplt1.gif