PDA

View Full Version : Goliaths as Orogs

DerekSTheRed
08-19-2010, 11:37 PM
Dark Sun is re-skinning Goliaths to be Half-Giants in Athas. This gave me the idea of re-skinning Goliaths in Birthright to be Orogs. What do you guys think? Half-Orcs could also be re-skinned to be Half-Orogs, although I am not as sold on that.

Retillin
08-21-2010, 07:13 PM
That doesn't sound too bad. Granted I tend to think of Orogs as a little stronger faster meaner than PC's (more bonuses), but if you were going to run an Orog quest or campain I think it'd work great.

Edonel Bladesong
10-16-2010, 09:23 PM
I was actually thinking the exact same thing when I started browsing the Dark Sun 4e book.

In 2e, I actually always thought of the DS Half-Giants as stronger and taller than the Orogs, yet lacking the intelligence and skills that the Orogs had.

If the Half-Giant was toned down to the Goliath, I do feel as though this seems an interesting approach for the Orogs.

Monk89
12-23-2010, 07:05 PM
I feel that Goliaths would be okay as Orogs. I would think they would need to be a little more powerful, but that could just be me. I disagree with Half-Orcs being Half-Orogs. If you were going to use that scale, just use Orcs as the base model.