PDA

View Full Version : Battle Magic

morgramen
11-23-2001, 05:43 PM
Battle Magic: Friend or Foe?

While there have been some excellent concepts over the last few years on the mailing list, I would like to get your opinions on the subject since the 3E game has debuted.

Travis Doom uses a Feat in order to accomidate the inclusion of Battle Magic, and I rather like this concept myself.

Does it require a wzard to be blooded?
Do you need a source holding in order to power the spells?
If not, can Magicians cast itm or is it too 'compelex' for their skill?

Mark Vandermeulen came up with the concept that Battle Magic was/is an ancient form of wizardry, and which was a precursor to the Realm Spell. This is a cool concept I think, and has lots of potential for evil DM nastyness.

morgramen
11-23-2001, 05:44 PM
Damn, I wanted a poll to go with that....

Lawgiver
12-13-2001, 05:28 AM
Forget the poll... Survey says: Most of us have no idea what you are rambling about. Therefore by the power invested in me (by no one...) I officially pronounce this thread dead.

Lord Eldred
12-13-2001, 07:09 PM
Hold it! Wait a second. I know what he is talking about...

I think if the magician has a spell that can have an effect on the battlefield then they can cast it.

I don't think you should have to use a feat to cast spells on the battlefield. Afterall, battle spells are just spells that have an effect on the battlefield (they are large enough to affect a whole unit). The rules for battle spells just create a fast way to resolve any damage from the spell.

Lawgiver
12-14-2001, 02:24 AM
I still claim ignorance (though only only this issue.. before you say something smart ;)), along with most readers.