PDA

View Full Version : Which Edition?

Mirviriam
05-07-2010, 07:15 AM
I was wondering if this team forming was going to carbon copy the rule set or edition of Birthright the main forum pushes at the time? (currently BCRS D20 as I understand it)

Thoughts?

Sorontar
05-09-2010, 11:54 AM
I was wondering if this team forming was going to carbon copy the rule set or edition of Birthright the main forum pushes at the time? (currently BCRS D20 as I understand it)

Umm... Carbon copy? What exactly do you mean by that? Carbon paper is what I use when I am using a typewriter to make a carbon copy.

If you are asking about publishing or releasing it to the public domain for copy, reproduction and editting outside of br.net, then no. The BRCS D20 was developed under an agreement with WOTC such that it is regarded as a licensed production. Therefore, WOTC have a say about what happens to it.

Sorontar

Mirviriam
05-16-2010, 08:56 AM
Carbon copy aka exactly as found, I'd have published a "webplay" in PHP over 3 years ago if not for screwing around with trying to fit in a system to allow all the different variant rules and editions, then getting frustrated & switching back to battletech's strategic game.

I just hate to lock in to one system or the other, though I've come to the conclusion for the best performance we'll need a set of 2nd edition objects & another set for every edition that follows...though we can use the same presentation pages for most of them.

As to the legal side, I choose to ignore it completely until we actually have a team & work being done on it. I'll write a scrambler program or a random realm generator to populate our SQL DB test our turn handling scripts.

Basically I see the legal issue is worthless to discuss. Not that it won't be extremely important at a later date, but it's no where near the bottle neck anything else is right now. Our current bottle neck seems to be getting the coder's together with the guys who will handle the graphical end (mapping information based on the database information).