PDA

View Full Version : Empire's Twilight

Thelandrin
11-04-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm setting up a game called Empire's Twilight, involving the great Duchies of Anuire and set not too long after Michael Roele's death. It will use a slightly modified version of Solmyr's rules, with tweaks as necessary. Although all 14 powerful human countries are now filled, if people still want to get in on a political game with simple character creation rules, there are a few temples available.

Not everything is up yet, by any means, but rules and domains are sporadically filtering onto the boards over time. The website is http://legacyofblood.org/empiretwilight/ and the game forums (for which you need to register to see) is http://legacyofblood.org/empiretwilight/forum/.

Getters
11-05-2009, 09:10 PM
you know when will we learn to not run games iam going to regret this :D

Dcolby
11-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Just a question, I saw your games site (I like the set-up by the way) and I had a question about one of your NPCs. The Dragon...Rhazi..Rhazid...you know the Gorgons pet Dragon. At the time of Michael's death had not the Gorgon already claimed the Gorgons crown and subjigated the Dragon? Or am I just being a butt head and you are going off Canon...:D

Thelandrin
11-12-2009, 11:26 PM
By canon, of course! In my game, the Gorgon slew Michael Roele and became a god, leaving the Crown behind. His "pet wyrm", Raizhadik gained a portion of Raesene's Azrai blood and now rules the Dragon's Crown :D

You're welcome to join in as one of the temples.

Dcolby
11-13-2009, 03:41 AM
Alas if I only had time to devote...In the process of renovating my home and aside from work and that and the occasional check in here to see whats happening I would not really be able to give it enough attention. I would hate to start and leave it hanging. A Dragon regent, very interesting take... a blooded wyrm.. yikes... :eek:

Thelandrin
11-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Oh well, no problems. Happy decorating :)

Blackaxe
11-17-2009, 03:49 AM
I have never played a PBEM game before but this does sound interesting.

JakobLiar
11-17-2009, 09:57 AM
I agree, this does in fact sound very interesting and I wouldn't mind being a part of this game.

Thelandrin
11-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Well, we do have temples and guilds available. Register on the forums and send Arakhor a PM or email arakhor (at) googlemail (dot) com.

Thelandrin
11-19-2009, 08:24 AM
We have had one drop-out so far and the Duchy of Aerenwe is available for someone to play at once. Email me on the above Gmail address.

Getters
01-13-2010, 04:02 AM
we have now to land lords that are open please email my self our Thelandrin for deatails we are all so still recruiting for guilders and temples.

Caelcormac
01-15-2010, 06:55 AM
I would be interested in taking the crown of a nation that needs a monarch.

Thelandrin
01-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Send Getters and I an email and we can take it from there :)

The website: http://gioandmarta.com/empiretwilight/
The forums: http://gioandmarta.com/empiretwilight/forum/
My email: arakhor(at)googlemail(dot)com
Getters: gettersburg(at)googlemail(dot)com

Caelcormac
01-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Email away!

Is there a list of available positions...or should I shut my mouth and wait on the return email? :D

Thelandrin
01-15-2010, 10:10 PM
If you check the website, the players' page indicates which realms and organisations are currently available.

Caelcormac
01-16-2010, 12:08 AM
I did indeed...but I wanted to make sure that it was most current.

I'll look over it all and see what I think.

Thelandrin
03-02-2010, 05:11 PM
We're still looking for new players to join in at the start of Turn 3. There are a few temples left and some guilds too, so join in now whilst you can!

Vicente
03-02-2010, 08:58 PM
It's my first PBeM BR game and I'm having a blast, the DMs are doing a super work, I really recommend people joining if they want to play BR as its finest :)

Caelcormac
03-03-2010, 06:15 AM
I have to say that my short tenure as Morgan Bireon, Guilder of the Stonecrown Coster, has been a blast so far.

I've done more role-playing in this game than the last three years combined maybe!

Being a Guilder and controlling a Guild Holding is awesome too...Temple would have been a blast too I think.

I suggest this game to anyone.

Gustav
03-08-2010, 09:17 PM
I am having lots of fun playing Avanil.
I will definately recommend this PBEM:)

billyboy
03-30-2010, 05:48 PM
I still need one more person to make Boeruine full.

Come on for the Glory of the Empire and House Boeruine, I need a priest of Haeleyn ;)

Thelandrin
03-31-2010, 07:40 PM
Fitzalan is and will always remain an NPC. Sorry :)

billyboy
03-31-2010, 09:06 PM
Ah ok, well never mind then Boeruine is full so stay out of my land lol.

Vicente
04-03-2010, 06:41 PM
My monarch is crazy (BTG here :p)

JakobLiar
04-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Well, blessings be upon you and yours.

Elinie, unless I'm told differently, can always use some folks. :)

duskpriest
04-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Still needing players? Can I join?

Vicente
04-27-2010, 12:30 AM
I'm sure there are open spots, check the website (it moved to http://legacyofblood.org/empiretwilight/) to see which domains continue to be open :) Probably the DMs will check this thread soon too, but we have them very busy with out crazy ideas :p

Gustav
04-27-2010, 07:35 PM
Still needing players? Can I join?

I am playing Avanil, I know that the Celestial Jewel of Sarimie is in need of a player since it recently reverted to being GM controlled. I know there is also a number of temples and guilds in other realms in need of a player.

I doubt that the GM's would allow a player to control the Avanil based guild IHT

Thelandrin
04-27-2010, 08:14 PM
Check out the game site, which Vicente helpfully posted a link to, and then go to the Players page, where there's a list of all the remaining available players and a handy email link to talk to me with :)

Gustav
05-09-2010, 01:10 PM
We still need more players for some of the guilds and temples. It is a world with a tremendous amount of activity, but we could use even more activity

Vicente
05-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Avan got bored and he even came here to post! :p

juggy
05-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Avan got bored and he even came here to post! :p

Not that he dont flood us in the game, eh?..;)--I feel sorry for GM that needs to read his private forum as well..8)

Gustav
05-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Well, the total amount of posts in my private forum is still less than the amount of posts in the Imperial senate :p, but it is of course my private forum there is the most active ones for my characters when I look at statistics

Vicente
05-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Please tell us when your private forum gets bigger than the Imperial Senate, please please please :D

Getters
05-13-2010, 12:33 AM
if it dose i get to skin the players who suggest he build it large iam the one who has to blood replay to them all you know there a GM dedicated to one player forum it madness i tell you.:eek::eek:

Gustav
05-13-2010, 08:13 PM
:p but at least you also managed to find a CJS player, yeah more activity in the area where Avanil is located:)

JakobLiar
05-28-2010, 12:14 AM
if it dose i get to skin the players who suggest he build it large iam the one who has to blood replay to them all you know there a GM dedicated to one player forum it madness i tell you.:eek::eek:

IT

IS

AVAN!!!!

*kicks a bucket and falls into a well*

Gustav
05-28-2010, 02:34 PM
:eek:
Well I might have overdone it a bit with the expedition to Malawkas lair, but at least is it sure to create some forum activity.
:) remember to always look on the bright side of life. I hope my heir is able to remember that these days

Thelandrin
03-14-2011, 01:57 PM
We've had more attrition over the last few months, which is inevitable really in a game of this duration, so we now have some more realms and plenty of temples to play. Roll up, roll up! :D

Vicente
03-14-2011, 05:51 PM
The game is great people, join us! :)

Gustav
03-28-2011, 05:59 PM
We are near a turn submission
New players should consider joining soon if they want to be able to make the turn 6 submission.

Vicente
03-30-2011, 10:18 PM
As usual, this game continues to be pretty fun, the pace is nice, the GMs and the players are really great. Recommended people, it's a very fine BR experience :)

AngeloPacitto
04-11-2011, 02:49 AM
Hi,

Played Birthright many years ago. Always liked the setting but our group was not interested in the kingdom running part. The campaign ended rather quickly and we went back to Forgotten Realms.

How does the game work? and what level of commitment is needed to get involved?

Ang

Thelandrin
04-11-2011, 07:10 PM
The main website is here (http://www.legacyofblood.org/empiretwilight/), which should contain all the information you need. All we expect is for you to follow the rules, post appropriately, respond to player emails and send us turns every 1-2 months.

billyboy
07-25-2011, 08:45 PM
also the great thing is its set like 60 years after the fall of the Empire. So its a unique setting and the game is ripe with internal conflicts... not war like conflict, for the most part, but much room for arguing and plenty of RPing

Vicente
07-27-2011, 12:54 AM
As usual I continue recommending this game to anyone who wants to join a BR PbeM game. The GMs are very hard working, the game has always enough going on to be interesting, but you have enough free space to try your own stuff, nice players all around,...

Thelandrin
12-27-2011, 10:26 PM
We're now collecting submissions for Turn 8 and will be moving into the interval shortly, so now's as good a time as any to join up! :)