PDA

View Full Version : ok, another try

Arjan
11-03-2009, 12:29 AM
After switching to a new server, we kept having strange database problems.
we have rebuild the forum a couple of times now, updated some addons.
hopefully everything will be more stable now.

let me know if you encounter any problems

arjan

Sorontar
11-03-2009, 12:46 AM
Crossing all of my fingers, toes, wings and tentacles.

Sorontar

BRadmin
11-03-2009, 12:49 AM
atleast i have found why the pages where so slow...
it was the portal page in combination with the welcome part and the random wiki page..
i have removed them for now, will have to look into that later

Sorontar
11-03-2009, 12:57 AM
You might also want to double check the process for new members. The member details page for a recent member (http://www.birthright.net/forums/member.php?u=14960) seems to be missing a tab for leaving Visitor Messages.

Also I notice that many subpages (like member details) no longer have side menus (at least I think they used to). I have no problem with that for now. I am presuming that is intentional.

Sorontar

Sorontar
11-03-2009, 02:41 AM
After submitting the page for Cast_Realm_Spell, I got the following message:

Warning: fopen(/srv/www/birthright.net/forums/modules/wikichanges.htm) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /srv/www/birthright.net/brwiki/extensions/makevbmodule.php on line 69
Can't open file.
I got the same message when I also created Create_Trade_Route.

Sorontar

jddotman
11-04-2009, 04:45 AM
will the downloads section be coming back online sometime? Trying to download the patch and scenario editor for the PC game and get a file not found error.

Thanks

jddotman

BRadmin
11-04-2009, 10:19 AM
You might also want to double check the process for new members. The member details page for a recent member (http://www.birthright.net/forums/member.php?u=14960) seems to be missing a tab for leaving Visitor Messages.

Also I notice that many subpages (like member details) no longer have side menus (at least I think they used to). I have no problem with that for now. I am presuming that is intentional.

Sorontar

yep, they did have the left menu blocks like the portal page.
i had to strip down everything to see where the problems were..
when i see everything is stable again i will add them again

BRadmin
11-04-2009, 10:24 AM
After submitting the page for Cast_Realm_Spell, I got the following message:

I got the same message when I also created Create_Trade_Route.

Sorontar

file was not writable, fixed

BRadmin
11-04-2009, 10:27 AM
will the downloads section be coming back online sometime? Trying to download the patch and scenario editor for the PC game and get a file not found error.

Thanks

jddotman

should be available again

Thelandrin
11-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Here's hoping we stay up this time :)

Dcolby
11-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Just glad to have it back...I had the D.T.'s fierce.

jddotman
11-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Still some issue at least with the scenario editor "Warning: copy(downloads//ec_tmp/gorgon sierra online scenario editor [44105].zip) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in [path]/downloads.php on line 701
ERROR: File not found."

Thanks
Jddotman

Also if you are looking for some help on the tech support side let me know.

Vicente
11-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Glad to be around here again :)

BRadmin
11-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Still some issue at least with the scenario editor "Warning: copy(downloads//ec_tmp/gorgon sierra online scenario editor [44105].zip) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in [path]/downloads.php on line 701
ERROR: File not found."

Thanks
Jddotman

Also if you are looking for some help on the tech support side let me know.
fixed the permissions of the temp folder

at the moment there is no much need for technical support, although fresh ideas concerning the website are welcome