PDA

View Full Version : Diemed

Gauvain
07-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Discussion thread for Diemed (http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Diemed). If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Hello.
(Sorry for the initially empty post, it was unintended).

I read the wiki page on Diemed, its different counties, and the Orthodox Imperial Temple, and it seems there are some inconsistencies (different names proposed for count or archbishop of a given province for instance). I was considering trying to flesh out some of the characters, but I guess it might be a good idea to first resolve these.
The letter from the Senechal, coming from the "Player's Secrets of Medoere" (by Robert Gresham, available for dl here) uses different noble family than those described on the pages of the different province of Diemed.
It also differs from the names used for bishops in the pages of the Orthodox Imperial Temple.

Should we propose in the wiki an alternative to the pdf provided, or on the contrary, ensure that the material presented in the wiki is consistent with this pdf ?
I would welcome some comments on this point, since I am a bit new to BR wiki.

Thelandrin
07-24-2009, 11:06 AM
A word to the wise, Gauvain. If you click on the discussion tab inside the wiki, you will either go to the actual discussion or create a new thread such as this. Empty threads tend to get deleted rather quickly! :)

AndrewTall
07-25-2009, 11:08 AM
In general where I find inconsistencies I go with the more interesting source, or the more obviously canonical one. Laziness also plays a role - the more times I have to change the less likely I am to do it.

Most names are fairly random, unless an npc page has been created or they have been linked to other characters/pages they can be readily changed.

Inconsistencies are inevitable given that the published material is itself sometimes contradictory, and the wiki is made by a number of people over a period of time. Don't worry about them, fix them if they bother you or just pick which version you prefer for your game. In this case as the pdf is harder to change, it would probably be easier to fix the wiki pages.