PDA

View Full Version : Clarification Needed!

Swashbuckler
07-14-2009, 04:28 PM
All -

Forgive the "n00b-n3$$" of this question, but I've searched and searched and cannot find anything concrete to answer it irrevocably.

On all of the maps of Cerilia, each province has a statistic listed in format "( x1 / x2 )".

I know that x1 is the province level (and thus references income and by default, largest settlement size). However, I cannot find any clear-cut description, whether in the 2nd Ed rules or in the 3.0/3.5 rules, as to what x2 represents.

Potential upgrade amount?
Max number of holdings per type?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

irdeggman
07-14-2009, 04:43 PM
The first number is the province level (for development purposes - e.fg., max holding sizes for all holding except source holdings) - the second number is the source holding potential (which is the max source holding size allowed).

Except for elven lands when you increase the province level you must decrease the source level.

Oh and welcome to the boards.

Swashbuckler
07-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Thank you for the prompt reply, and thanks also for the welcome!

Suggestion: update the wiki entry on Provinces to spell out this info. I've probably spent 2 days looking for something definitive. Of course, that may very well be because I was reading a section(s) incorrectly, or just wasn't grasping the info as it is already written.

AndrewTall
07-14-2009, 09:01 PM
That would make a lot of sense actually, although we are stuck with the layout for various reasons.

Does anyone know if we can change the global realm template easily?

Failing that a 'reading a realm' age which was fairly prominent should work.

Arjan
07-14-2009, 09:32 PM
hmm i just did a search on the wiki for province and got: province level

http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Province_level

that page has a link to Source potential
http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Source_potential

the above two pages have links straight to the BRCS pages about it...

oh and welcome ;)

Sorontar
07-14-2009, 11:29 PM
I have added to the wiki page for provinces to include source potential levels and a link to the section in the BRCS.

Sorontar