PDA

View Full Version : Non-Cerilia Pbem

Kitch
05-26-2009, 01:03 AM
Hey there folks. I've been running a non-Cerilia based BR campaign that is played via e-mail weekly for the past few months and I'm looking to open up the list of players to bring in some new, fresh minds.

Much of my system is based on the 3.5 edition book, but I have made several alterations to assets (including some really interesting additions), military and navy, as well as playable races.

If anyone is interested in learning more, perhaps giving it a try, send me an e-mail at:

calemaris_returned@hotmail.com

Inquiries welcomed!

Sorontar
05-26-2009, 01:30 AM
While I don't have time to play, I am curious. What sort of world are you playing it in? Fantasy? Is magic rare? Do you have Leylines and sources? What level of technology is allowed?

Have you changed the gods and do you have bloodlines?

Sorontar the inquisitive

Kitch
05-26-2009, 02:45 AM
Well, the world I have is a bit of a mirror of Cerilia politically: one of the four human subraces has an Empire (that only recently has begun to fall apart). It is still standard Dungeons and Dragons Fantasy, magic isn't exactly as rare as it is in Cerilia: each of the major Courts has a Court Mage, but only a few of the wizards are actually blooded. All in all, I have, at best, six wizards who can claim Sources across the campaign world.

Leylines and Sources do exist, and I stick to the standard holdings (Guild, Temple, and Law). Technology is, at best, slightly behind that of the standard Birthright campaigns. The Imperial Humans are considered to be equal to that of the Roman Empire. I do not allow gunpowder for obvious reasons.

The Gods and the bloodline Gods have been renamed to fit the storyline. Some of the faiths slightly mirror that of Cerilia, but most do not. The Regents of these faiths, however, are just as... ahem... Staunch in their upholding of their particular side of their particular deity's word.

AndrewTall
05-26-2009, 07:46 PM
It sounds interesting - fancy putting your rules on the wiki so we can all see them? New stuff is always welcome!

Kitch
05-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Well, I can post them here - I'm not really sure where or what I would post them onto the wiki under or about, but if we have a forum (and I am thinking the 3rd edition forum) I can post what I have on there.

I also posted on the downloads section my original spreadsheet that was used by my play-testers. I'm going to be putting up my updated one once I make a few additions.

Rey
05-26-2009, 09:03 PM
So this non-Cerilia actually has no link to any of the other continents as well (Aduria, Djapar, Taele)? If so, you are opening a new continent for the first time. :)
Well, sort of...

Kitch
05-26-2009, 09:11 PM
It is on a completely different material plane that includes a somewhat similar backstory as to how the bloodlines began.

kgauck
05-26-2009, 11:46 PM
Well, I can post them here - I'm not really sure where or what I would post them onto the wiki under or about.

User:Kitch is your home page on the wiki. You can put them there or under a page like User:Kitch/Calemaris campaign or whatever you wanted to call it.

Or you could organize it on your home page and have separate pages for different topics. That's all up to you. Pages that start User:Kitch are yours to put up anything reasonably related to Birthright. Including alternate rules for a non-Cerilian Birthright game with different explanations of sources, leylines, bloodlines, and the rest.

Kitch
05-27-2009, 12:00 AM
User:Kitch is your home page on the wiki. You can put them there or under a page like User:Kitch/Calemaris campaign or whatever you wanted to call it.

Or you could organize it on your home page and have separate pages for different topics. That's all up to you. Pages that start User:Kitch are yours to put up anything reasonably related to Birthright. Including alternate rules for a non-Cerilian Birthright game with different explanations of sources, leylines, bloodlines, and the rest.

Dually noted. I'll stick to campaign info and storyline to my homepage, and any of my adapted rules, I'll put up on the 3.5 edition discussion board.

Just give me some time to get it all compiled and coherently posted. :)

kgauck
05-27-2009, 02:03 AM
Dually noted. I'll stick to campaign info and storyline to my homepage, and any of my adapted rules, I'll put up on the 3.5 edition discussion board.

If you post your adapted rules, which is what I think Andrew was interested in, then you can hit the discussion tab and you automatically have a discussion board thread about your rules. However, discussion threads are only up until new discussions push them to the back burner. By having your adapted rules on the wiki, they are easier to find in future, and anytime someone comments on them at all, the same discussion thread is bumped to the front of the list. So your wiki page is really an ideal place for that kind of thing.

AndrewTall
05-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Two other wiki places to link to would be 'House Rules' or 'Campaigns'.

Both index pages can be found by looking at the bottom of the main page under 'Custom Gameplay' 'Fan Based'.

Kitch
05-27-2009, 11:11 PM
Thank you and thank you both. When I get a chance this weekend, I'll be pushing my info onto the wiki to see what everyone thinks.

Though I am still looking for more players. :D

Kitch
06-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Finally sat down and got started on getting some of the info posted. I'll be slotting more time into getting it up as the week progresses.

Click here (http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/User:Kitch/Bersia_House_Rules).

Feel free to comment as I go along. The better stuff (armies, navies and the new warfare system) are still to come. Once the system is up, I'm going to start posting the campaign info, but that's a whole new ballgame of lots of typing.

Oh, I also threw my link up on the House Rule's page.

AndrewTall
06-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Hmm, how to provoke passions - sidhe gods! Heresy :eek:

Looks interesting so far...

Kitch
06-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Hmm, how to provoke passions - sidhe gods! Heresy :eek:

Yeah, and I'm playing the Aegis in LEBR V too. All kinds of irony.

Thelandrin
06-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Ah, you're the HA, eh? :D

Anyway, please continue conversation about your house rules in your discussion thread (http://www.birthright.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4970). Thank you!

Kitch
06-08-2009, 11:34 PM
Oh don't be so sneaky Arakor. :p

You'll see in a later addition, I keep Corruption Courts all over the place. :cool:

Kitch
08-10-2009, 07:39 AM
While I've been slacking in getting my rules pushed onto the wiki lately, I had a dedicated member take the initiative and create a forum page for the campaign.

Many thanks to said member!

http://bersiaonline.proboards.com/index.cgi