PDA

View Full Version : Highways building/maintenance cost errata

Elrond
04-27-2009, 07:57 AM
In the BRCS we have two different building/maintenance costs for highways, one in chapter 5 (table 5-4) and the other in chapter 6 (highways and bridges, managing military assets). Which one is correct? For example, building a highway in a mountain province has 8 GB building cost and 2/3 GB maintenance cost according to chapter 5 and 4 GB building cost and 2 GB maintenance cost according to chapter 6.
I’d keep the prices of chapter 5. Building cost is too low and maintenance cost too high if we use the rules of chapter 6. So I’d delete the following text from chapter 6: “The construction of a highways costs double the province's terrain movement cost (see Table 6-4) in gold bars. Once complete, a highway has a yearly maintenance cost of half this amount (i.e. equal to the province's terrain movement cost).” and insert a cross-reference to table 5-4.

AndrewTall
04-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Chapter 6 should x-ref to table 5.4 not 6.4 (which relates to mercenary units from recollection).

Neither chapter was completed, thus presumably the mix up.

Chapter 5 was the chapter dealing with domain income and expenditure so I'd go with 5 as the 'correct' approach.

Sorontar
04-28-2009, 12:04 AM
Though Chapter five does say "Refer to Chapter Six: Armies and warfare, for more details on the uses (and cost) of highways." :^)

Sorontar