PDA

View Full Version : missing images

Sorontar
11-17-2008, 02:23 AM
Arjan, I realise you are probably in the midst of implementing many changes, but the front page of the wiki seems to be missing a lot of images.

Sorontar

Arjan
11-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Arjan, I realise you are probably in the midst of implementing many changes, but the front page of the wiki seems to be missing a lot of images.

Sorontar

well i am kinda "done" with upgrading the homepage, forum and wiki software... only a few things turned out to be broken afterwards..

the <imagelink> tag extension is no longer supported by the new version of MediaWiki. I have implemented a new version of the extension, but somehow i cant update the homepage (exceed limit size error)

<imagelink> should be rplaced by {{# and the closing </imagelink> by }}

there are also alot of other problems with the vbWiki Bridge, i was kinda stupid not to backup the old wiki database before i upgraded it. The wiki is fine.. only the connection with vbulletin is not working well.

unfortunately the developer of that bridge has dissappeared last year.. so i have to dive into the code to see what is wrong and how i can fix it...

open issues:
* script size limit exceeding
* discussion links do not auto-redirect to the forum
* discussion links do not create a thread
* login cookie problem (you have to login seperately for the wiki now)

AndrewTall
11-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Oh the suffering, discussion tab hits don't generate a thread... ;)

Sorontar
11-17-2008, 11:12 PM
* script size limit exceeding

If you are meaning getting size errors when you start or end editting big wiki pages, then yes, this stops me editing the Main Page too, but I have found that if I submit edits to a large page (e.g [[Firbolg]]), then regardless of the error, my edits are accepted.

Sorontar
ps. In case it helps, the message I got for Firbolg was:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 20971520 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /srv/www/birthright.net/brwiki/includes/SearchEngine.php on line 83

Arius Vistoon
11-18-2008, 09:38 AM
If you are meaning getting size errors when you start or end editting big wiki pages, then yes, this stops me editing the Main Page too, but I have found that if I submit edits to a large page (e.g [[Firbolg]]), then regardless of the error, my edits are accepted.

Sorontar
ps. In case it helps, the message I got for Firbolg was:

hi, with the kind of mesage, it will be reduce size of the memory use (best choice) or increase the memory in the configuration of php (via ini_set('memory_limit', 16) or 16 is the size of the new limit for the size of the script's memory....or best, change the php.ini file with the new size)

BRadmin
11-18-2008, 12:06 PM
hi, with the kind of mesage, it will be reduce size of the memory use (best choice) or increase the memory in the configuration of php (via ini_set('memory_limit', 16) or 16 is the size of the new limit for the size of the script's memory....or best, change the php.ini file with the new size)

yep, i already send flip a request to do so...
currently the memory=limit is set to 128mb.. but that still doesnt seemd to be enough.

Arjan
11-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Oh the suffering, discussion tab hits don't generate a thread... ;)

time to suffer again, fixed it ;)

Arjan
11-18-2008, 11:01 PM
i have also created a fix for the custom namespaces we are using (BRCS: and D20:)
These pages now also have redirected discussion tabs

AndrewTall
11-18-2008, 11:24 PM
time to suffer again, fixed it ;)

Yup, noticed the multiple tests - and deleted them.

cyrano24100
11-19-2008, 03:04 AM
Wow, I've been playing around the new site... Good job on the update!

Arjan
11-19-2008, 08:44 AM
Yup, noticed the multiple tests - and deleted them.

what? there goes my postcount! ;)

i kinda left them there on purpose.. i seriously doubt people know that we house the whole D20 SRD on the wiki

AndrewTall
11-19-2008, 08:55 AM
what? there goes my postcount! ;)

i kinda left them there on purpose.. i seriously doubt people know that we house the whole D20 SRD on the wiki

I wonder sometimes if glomping it was something we were allowed to do...

Sob, I have no pretty piccies on the wiki :(

ga150564
11-19-2008, 12:03 PM

Sorontar

not only the images are still missing :(, i even no more can compare different version of anything :(

Arjan
11-22-2008, 01:45 PM
not only the images are still missing , i even no more can compare different version of anything

some default setting in de wiki software was limiting the memory to 20mb while the server setting is 128mb...

removed the wiki setting, and everything works again

ga150564
11-23-2008, 11:46 AM
some default setting in de wiki software was limiting the memory to 20mb while the server setting is 128mb...

removed the wiki setting, and everything works again

It seems that all works fine again

Thelandrin
12-04-2008, 05:49 PM
If Mongoose Publishing can publish the entire d20 SRD in pocket-book format, I think we're fairly safe simply using the SRD on the wiki!

Great-looking changes to the wiki itself, Arjan!