PDA

View Full Version : Pop-up on Forums

Raesene Andu
04-19-2002, 11:23 AM
Arjan, can you do something about that small window that pops up every time you open ANY page on the forums (the one that says loading new content, this window will close). I've only noticed in the last week and it is already become seriously annoying.

The main problem is that I like to have several browser windows open at once and every time I click on one of the forum links this little window pops up and is automatically selected, taking me away from whatever else I'm working on.

Sure it disappears, but it lasts for a couple of seconds each time and as I said, is really really annoying.

Arjan
04-19-2002, 02:12 PM
Ian,
What kind of browser do you use? because it should pop up outside your view.

this pop up load the msgs from replies aand from the mailing list, an i have not found an solution yet to do it otherwise.

until then i am sorry

Arjan

Bryon
04-19-2002, 02:12 PM
I would have to agree with this. It is alittle annoying. I am used to the stupid pop up windows for free web pages, but please free Birthright.net from these:)

Arjan, I am using explorer and the window fills the screen pushing all my other windows behind it. It just started about a week ago.

Arjan
04-19-2002, 02:15 PM
i have tried to inncude the script in the normal files but the i get a blank forum.

Arjan
04-19-2002, 02:21 PM
i have finaly managed to incude the script without getting blank pages, so i have removed the anoying POP-UP

BRnet is pop-up free again (as it should be ) :)

A.

Temujin
04-19-2002, 07:57 PM
Well done Arjan! :)

Bryon
04-20-2002, 01:16 AM
What a great, great board administrator you are Arjan. I must say every time I come here, which is now daily with trying to get the Oriential thing rolling, I see the wonders you do provide.

Here is to your long life and happiness...;) ...Cheers

Raesene Andu
04-20-2002, 02:42 PM
Thanks Arjan, all working great now.

By the way, thanks for fixing up those two uploads. I think I must have been a little tired when I added them. If I get the time, I'll edit the formatting a little.