PDA

View Full Version : Rogr Dhariel

Green Knight
11-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Discussion thread for Rogr Dhariel (http://birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Rogr Dhariel). If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Green Knight
11-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Are these defined somewhere? - it seems they are standard for all characters:

Lineage of Lessor Nobility, Rank, Title,

kgauck
11-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Lineage is described on the page Social class. Characters at the top can be royals or greater nobility, depending on the expected characteristics, connection and antiquity. Characters at the province levels are lesser nobility, but a few are greater. Characters below the province levels are all lesser nobility.

Rank is pretty standard, but it does identify who one's overlord is, where these rights are useful.

Title restates what it says at the top of the page, so and so is title of this place, but also describes whether this claim is questioned or not. Most everyone can be described as "universally accepted as" but not everyone. Neither Jaison Raenech nor William Moergan are accepted by everyone.

Green Knight
11-10-2008, 04:32 AM
Ok, so lineage isn't directly tied to bloodline strength. Though I would suspect that most lesser nobility characters have relatively weak bloodlines (and vice versa), but that exceptions do exist? You could even have (lesser) nobility without any bloodlines at all (it looks like most of the characters thus far described ARE blooded, but it's a theoretical option at lest). I think I like it.

Could you perhaps make a brief description of this somewhere? Explain a bit about rank/title and some common permutations of the two?

AndrewTall
11-10-2008, 10:36 PM
Actually, we should do a page for the terms which in turn redirects to an overall page on social rank (rather than none page for each) - that would solve the issue.