PDA

View Full Version : remake of gorgons?

fued
10-31-2008, 05:51 AM
has anyone attempted to remake birthright into a computer game?

was one of my favorite games of all times, and i am actually looking it up to help me work on another similar computer game i am making(set more into the future tho), and was wondering if there is any more modern versions of it?

AndrewTall
10-31-2008, 03:17 PM
there are various downloads to upgrade the game - several on this site. The game is however still owned by Sierra who, as I understand, are somewhat keen on copyright - they might not be interested in releasing any more BR-style games but they don't want anyone else to either. :(

fued
11-03-2008, 05:43 AM
yea i didnt think they would

oh well back to my "similar mechanics but different storyline" game

vota dc
11-04-2008, 12:53 AM
They tried to make a new Birthright the Gorgon's Alliance as freeware in this forum,but the project stopped....

there are various downloads to upgrade the game - several on this site. The game is however still owned by Sierra who, as I understand, are somewhat keen on copyright - they might not be interested in releasing any more BR-style games but they don't want anyone else to either. :(

But Sierra owns the Birthright game copyright,or the copyright for every game based on BR?The second case is a shame...is like only Sierra is allowed to make pc game based on the WW2...but lol!

AndrewTall
11-04-2008, 09:47 PM
I think that sierra has the rights to do 3 BR games, but gave up after #1 as they wanted to focus on mass-market games.

I don't know the details of the deal, but would figure that anything too close to the game itself would be risky - particularly if you tried to sell it. There are several D&D games out there though so something should be possible.