PDA

View Full Version : Kozlov Army

cccpxepoj
09-19-2008, 11:02 AM
We have no information about Kozlov Army from any published source. So the question is how many units they have, what type are those units and how they are drafted. I made up a two units, Kozlov Hussars (http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Kozlov_Hussar) and Crimson Chargers (http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Crimson_Chargers), these are medium cavalry units. Medium cavalry reflects the Khinasi influence and it also shows the strenght of the two most developed provinces(4/3). My general idea is that southern provinces wield more Khinasi influenced units, and northern units have stronger Vos look. Also considering that realms is surrounded by enemies, or potential enemies, so it needs at least two or three units of scouts to patrol its borders. Potential mercenary units are goblins( not very popular), gnolls( also not very popular, but better than goblins) and Tarvan Waste nomads.
Any ideas ???

kgauck
09-19-2008, 02:02 PM
I would find realms of similar size and power and use them as a guide, adjusting for local circumstances, such as how militaristic the realm is, whether it has friends or is surrounded by actual enemies.

Sometimes where there is just too little to go on, its good to wait a while and develop other realms and look for the bigger picture.

Another question to ask is, whether the Vos-Khinasi nature of the state is a strength (pick the best units from both sides) or a weakness. If its a strength, you can get away with a smaller army.

Gheal
09-20-2008, 07:03 AM
From strategical POV, army of this realm must consist of:
- at least 2-3 scout units (to monitor Lamia and Black Spear tribes, Molochev and, probably, Tarvan Waste)
- at least 1-3 cavalry units (to quickly move reinforcements by the north-south road in the case of invasion or rebellion)
- some garrison units, at least in two castles (Aziev and Gradny)
- whatever Nikailov wishes and budget permits.
IMO Nikailov "brash and young Vos baron" must shun the idea of using khinasi mercenaries. Khinasi cavalry recruited from his own subjects is entirely different matter. Even then i stuck to the idea of having at least one unit of vos cavalry as remains of vos invasion army.
Hope that helps a bit.

cccpxepoj
09-22-2008, 01:51 PM
i am not certain is this according to the rules, but can Kozlovnyy have two ''mustering laws'' in his realm ?
One is standard mustering, where level of law holding determines the maximum cost of of mustering unit, and another is the "tribal law" which uses the variant rule for mustering tribal units( in less developed provinces ).

AndrewTall
09-23-2008, 08:40 PM
I would suggest that any realm with significant numbers of nomads / other wild folk should be able to muster tribal warriors - if they get on well enough with the tribesmen.