PDA

View Full Version : If you could ask Rich Baker five questions

ericthecleric
07-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Getters, Thelandrin, and myself are planning to meet at Gencon UK in August. Rich Baker (co-creator of the setting) is attending. If we get the opportunity to talk with him, and ask him say five questions about the Birthright setting, what would you want us to ask?

Getters
07-10-2008, 06:12 PM
why the hell did he have so many inconsistencies in the rules :P
oh yes iam going :P

Capricia
07-10-2008, 06:14 PM

egads

You're the self appointed birthright ambassador? NOOOOOOOOOOOO :eek:

irdeggman
07-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Well, since he participated in a live Alternity (he was likewise co-creater of that rule set) chat a while ago (I was on board there and chimed in about BR) I can probably give you a bit of a feel of what he will say. . .

That authors do not spend time thinking about things after they have sent them on.

Pretty much that if there is no money in it for the company then they no longer think about it.

They have to spend their time thinking about what makes money (the major mistake that sank TSR).

irdeggman
07-10-2008, 06:31 PM

You know the answer to that one already right?

BR was the last setting to be published by TSR before they went under.

Products were rushed to the the stores in an attmept to make some cash.

Thus there was not a lot of time to be spent (as in almost none) on quality control and real editing. Carrie and co did their best but. . . .

Rey
07-11-2008, 09:52 AM
Ask Rich his e-mail and phone number so we can harass him every time we need his opinion and advice.
Or better yet, ask him to join this site. :D

Getters
07-11-2008, 05:19 PM
some how rey i relly dont think that goning to happion

Rey
07-11-2008, 06:34 PM
O, Ye of little faith.

You have to know the way with people, get them to see how they are attached to some things, see how it's calling them, a creepy voice from afar, a rag-clothed, hungry young girl crying, uttering his name like a chant of Kriesha's priestess in the howling snowy night: Riccchhyyyy, RRiiichyyy, why have you forsaken me, left me in the dark and cold outside, banished me from your mind.... come back to me, to our beloved home, where your heart still beats in my hands...
</drama king>