PDA

View Full Version : some of you might have noticed....

Arjan
04-03-2002, 09:39 AM
some of you might have noticed that i have adjusted the layout of BRnet.

I would like to have some feedback on the layout

i know there are some screens i have to change.

A.

Chioran
04-03-2002, 12:41 PM
I like the changes Arjan. Haven't done a lot of digging, but so far I'm pleased.

Bryon
04-03-2002, 01:52 PM
Got on line went to Birthright.net like I always do and to my suprise something is different. :)

I have to take a longer time to dig, but so far looking really great.

morgramen
04-03-2002, 03:24 PM
OoooOooooOoooo.... very nice. My blind old eyes use 800x600 resolution, so it's a bit of a side scroll, but I love the colors and graphics! Great job customizing the forums too!

Well done Arjan!

Lord Eldred
04-03-2002, 04:57 PM
While I have already told you all of this I just want to go on the record as saying it is a fantastic look. Kudos

Only one thing I may have done different is the dividing lines on the forums page but other than that I really like the look.

Arjan
04-03-2002, 05:08 PM
I have toyed with that, but the the top bar will break into pieces aswell

Lord Valkyr
04-03-2002, 06:22 PM
I like the new look I was pleasantly suprised when I logged on :) Is the going to be the new Birthright symbol for say 3E?

blitzmacher
04-04-2002, 12:18 AM
I thought I had logged onto the wrong page, but to my surprise the BR page had gotten a face lift. Although I haven't looked around at everything yet I like the new look:)

Lord Eldred
04-04-2002, 03:58 AM
Orginally posted by arjan

I have toyed with that, but the the top bar will break into pieces aswell

The overall improvement means I and I am sure others could deal with this one minor complaint.

Temujin
04-04-2002, 06:30 AM
I dunno what that is, honestly, I mean the site looks as boring as it did last time I came! :P
Seriously though, good job Arjan :)

Chioran
04-04-2002, 01:23 PM
From the Birthright Forum Page, if I click on the link in the forum separator bars I get the following message...

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: query in /database/web-public/birthright.net/www/index.php on line 116

When I do get to the BR D&D Forum (or any other 2nd level forum) there is no bar at the top of the list of forums as there is on the other pages.

Lord Arlon
04-04-2002, 09:47 PM
Took my usual silent, stalker-ish view of the site for today and did a doubletake.
This is the best incarnation yet.

Lawgiver
04-05-2002, 03:43 AM
I use the 800x600 resolution and it forces side scrolling in several areas. Which majorly stinks! Additionally, the speed seems to have slowed down in loading various items. I assume it is due to the increased number/size of the graphics. I have a cable modem, so its still not bad, but I'm sure those with a 56k modem are probably suffering a bit of a lag. The lack of variety in the colors makes it a bit drab. A little to much brown for my liking. But I like the border/frames better than the last version.

Arjan
04-05-2002, 08:00 AM
Orginally posted by Chioran

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: query in /database/web-public/birthright.net/www/index.php on line 116

fixed

When I do get to the BR D&D Forum (or any other 2nd level forum) there is no bar at the top of the list of forums as there is on the other pages.

thnx, i found it in the sourcecode, but it act very weird, will have tho think about some kind of solution for that

Arjan
04-05-2002, 08:01 AM
Orginally posted by Lawgiver

I use the 800x600 resolution and it forces side scrolling in several areas. Which majorly stinks

which other then the first screen on BRnet do you have to scroll then?

Lawgiver
04-06-2002, 04:38 AM
Orginally posted by arjan
which other then the first screen on BRnet do you have to scroll then?

I stand corrected, unless you define several as the Main page and the writer's guild. I must not have had my browser maximized or something.