PDA

View Full Version : Duene

Sorontar
06-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Discussion thread for Duene (http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Duene). If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Sorontar
06-09-2008, 11:50 PM
This article is contradicting itself. Who is the current count of Duene? Duhwile or Domitaen?

Sorontar

kgauck
06-10-2008, 01:32 AM
Duhwile was buried in the text. I looked for him, but couldn't find any names.

As an editorial policy we should generally prefer that links have the full name of the character. I can see an exception when we put links in quoted speech. If readers are being introduced to the character for the first time, the full name is better than just a first name.

Sorontar
06-10-2008, 01:58 AM
Um, are you thinking that there is a link to [[Duhwile]], because I actually made it [[Duhwile Duene|Duhwile]], for precisely the reasons that you mentioned. The only types of single word names that are valid as page titles are things like Guilder [[Kalien]]. Even Prince Avan has to be linked to [[Darien Avan]].

And titles very very rarely get included in the page titles. One of the exceptions is [[High Mage Aelies]] (while I don't mind because no-one-else is called a High Mage that I can think of).

Sorontar.

kgauck
06-10-2008, 04:20 AM
I was referring to the name being presented as [[Duhwile Duene|Duhwile]]. Since he's being introduced, he should be introduced as [[Duhwile Duene]]. I don't see a reason to link to a person based only on their first name, unless its in a quote.

So I was referring to what we see on the page. The page naming scheme is, I think, not controversial.