PDA

View Full Version : Hellow

Omegadeath117
04-27-2008, 06:46 PM
Hey everybody on Birthright.net I am currently a new member to this version of Dungeons and Dragons and I want to learn about Birthright and what fun comes out of it!:D

kgauck
04-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Birthright is not only a setting based in Cerilia, but includes a system for managing territories, temples, guilds, and ley lines. Characters are generally the principle actors in a country leading their domain to greatness or ruin. The game is full of politics, diplomacy, intrigue, and war.

Omegadeath117
04-27-2008, 09:35 PM
This campaign sounds very cool! So is it mainly about politics, diplomacy, and war? I had friend who told me about birthright.net and he said it is free to download the campaign books; is this true?

Omegadeath117
04-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Hey this campaign sounds very interesting of what you said about it, what is the main story line for birthright? Is the birthright campaign books free to download?

Coriendal
04-28-2008, 01:03 AM
Not the original, which could be bought as a download at Paizo or other places for 4-5 dollars. There is a 3.5 version on the birthright.net website.

The one thing lacking from most D&D games is the effect of churches and guilds. This is simulated here better than any other game I have ever seen. The regents, "rulers", of the realms control much, but the guilders(thieves), churches(clerics), and sources(wizards) have influence and power that makes more sense than any other system.

You could easily use this to simulate the power of Lolth in the underdark, or Sembia in a FR game. This really allows a GM to track the background economic, religious and magical powers in a realm. It also makes for a great strategic and tactical game where the players adventures have an obvious effect.

Dan

cccpxepoj
04-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Birthright is not just a system for controlling the guilds and churches, or playing kings & queens, the background story of Cerilia is wonderful, and it is easier for GM to present a crucial factors in one land, such as low,religion,economics,population etc.
So if you never played a birthright before i suggest you to read the books, play standard d'n'd adventures on Cerilia for some time until you get to know the world better and then start playing the realms campaign.
Then when you start playing realms you will be hooked up as the rest of us here:p

Omegadeath117
04-29-2008, 12:08 AM
Alright I'll take all of your recomendations before I start playing birthright, so if the original version of birthright is free to download then what other versions of birthright are their free to download? How do I download the birthright 3.5 version? Thanks for replying; keep telling all the background information about birthright!

Omegadeath117
04-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Hey birthright sounds to be a pretty darn awesome version of D&D! So if the original version of birthright cannot be downloaded, where can I download the 3.5 version at? cccpxepoj it sounds like the GM plays more of a role in birthright; I can't wait to start learning how to play birthright!:)

Coriendal
05-01-2008, 01:00 AM
The 3.5 version is on the birthright.net website under Wiki(top left of the screen), click on it and scroll down. You can download the whole thing or by chapter. The first two chapters have a revised version, but I don't remember where it is.

The original birthright materials are available at Paizo for $4.00 each as a digital download. If you want hardcopy ebay is your best bet for the bigger supplements. Amazon and others have the "Players secrets of ..." and smaller supplements and books for about the same as ebay or a little less in some cases.