PDA

View Full Version : Chapter four/Gods and religion/The Cold Rider

Shieldhaven
10-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Discussion thread for Cold Rider (http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Cold Rider). If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

bluntaxe
10-30-2007, 12:06 PM
He doesn't directly attack intruders, but those who encounter him end up meeting the most dramatic and ironic manifestations of the Shadow World's evil.

Is that supposed to be

He doesn't directly attack intruders, but those who encounter him end up meeting the most dramatic and iconic manifestations of the Shadow World's evil.

?

AndrewTall
10-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Is that supposed to be

He doesn't directly attack intruders, but those who encounter him end up meeting the most dramatic and iconic manifestations of the Shadow World's evil.

?

I don't know, it would certainly be an interesting twist to how I'd always seen the character...

Gman
10-31-2007, 04:18 AM
Certainly can't see why a cult of Azrai would not exist.
Enjoyed putting them in my campaign.

Gave them some blood rituals (mentioned in other threads) for "baptising" their members in the ritually sacrificed blood of any of the other gods bloodlines. and they can worship other gods as well - Belenik, Kreisha

Azrai/cold rider has to be hurting - he may not be able to speak or take a fair form (AKA LOR Sauron) as a curse preventing him from seducing the masses but still obviously has power.

My understanding of D&D gods is that its almost impossible to kill a god - especially when people have knowledge of him and keep speaking his name.
The shadow world is also his creation isn't it - so a manifestation there is quite expected.

Is the unnamed evil that the Halflings fled north from Azrai? or is there some other power lurking to the south?

And what of the lands to the south (Adura can't remember spelling) do they follow any particular power?

At the very least Azrai would obviously have a lot of built up anger and resentment about his failure at world domination - or vague memories of other gods screwing him over (as he would see it).:)

AndrewTall
10-31-2007, 04:56 AM
The shadow world is also his creation isn't it - so a manifestation there is quite expected.

Is the unnamed evil that the Halflings fled north from Azrai? or is there some other power lurking to the south?

And what of the lands to the south (Adura can't remember spelling) do they follow any particular power?

The Spirit World was not created by Azrai, but sources suggest he was the god most tied to it - and possibly wanted to merge it with Aebrynis as it had been in ancient times.

The Halflings fled the Spirit World as it became the Shadow World and the plane grew darker and more malevolent - Azrai's spirit in the form of the Cold rider is a clear potential reason.

The folk of Aduria aren't detailed in products, although we have some stuff on the wiki. Aduria was dominated by Azrai for centuries pre-Deismaar so don't expect fluffiness is my view. :)

http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Aduria

http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/User:Raesene/Empires_of_Blood (in progress)