PDA

View Full Version : Cerilian dragons

bluntaxe
09-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Discussion thread for Cerelian dragons (http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Cerelian dragons). If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

RaspK_FOG
09-26-2007, 05:05 PM
I've made an unofficial listing of all age categories based on the mechanics of all other dragons; I don't suppose that's wiki material, huh?

AndrewTall
09-26-2007, 08:59 PM
I've made an unofficial listing of all age categories based on the mechanics of all other dragons; I don't suppose that's wiki material, huh?

why ever not? I knocked out a template although the table is quite poor - it needs to show borders but I'm not good with tables I fear.

http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/User:RaspKFOG/Dragons_of_Cerilia

Sorry about the name change - the wiki doesn't accept user-names with underscores I'm afraid.

Fizz
09-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Discussion thread for Cerelian dragons. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

You might want to properly spell `Cerilian'.

-Fizz

AndrewTall
09-26-2007, 09:27 PM
You might want to properly spell `Cerilian'.

-Fizz

A little harsh mayhap - we all (except possibly Thelandrin and Sorontar) make spelling mistakes etc.

I'd rather have wordsworth's poetry that makes the spirit fly than another's pedantic prose that leaves me earthbound. Thelandrin / Sorontar/ I can always fix the spelling (although using the spellchecker is fine guys really don't get me wrong) :)

I've moved the page to Cerilian dragons, linked to the encylopedia, fixed the overhang issue, and added a page to the template I made for RaspK_Fog - that took all of 10 minutes, the original name list and commentary would have taken me hours...

Fizz
09-26-2007, 09:53 PM
A little harsh mayhap - we all (except possibly Thelandrin and Sorontar) make spelling mistakes etc.

Sorry if it came off that way. It was only meant to note something that needed to be fixed. It was misspelled in numerous places, so it wasn't just a typo.

-Fizz

Sorontar
09-27-2007, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the complement, but I have a Google spellchecker button on hand and a dictionary widget on my screen. They help me quickly identify what might be misspelt.

Sorontar

Thelandrin
09-27-2007, 02:58 AM
Whereas I have one in my head and three or more dictionaries to hand if I really need them :)

Sorontar
09-27-2007, 03:09 AM
Thelandrin! I am trying to give a really "subtle" hint that others can easily spellcheck their forum and wiki articles so we don't *have* to use the ones in our heads, let alone any other tool!

But since most articles are pretty good when it comes to spelling, I don't mind doing a bit of fixing here and there :^)

Sorontar

Thelandrin
09-27-2007, 03:17 AM
Oh! Right :) I was never any good at subtlety...

*grins and supports Sorontar wholeheartedly in his campaign for universal literacy throughout BR.net*

titusantonius
09-27-2007, 03:57 AM
howe did a discucion on drakons bekome a tolk abut speling?

Poke!

geeman
09-27-2007, 04:01 AM
At 05:02 PM 9/26/2007, Sorontar wrote:

>Thanks for the complement....

...one should always double-check the spell checker.... :)

Gary

RaspK_FOG
09-27-2007, 04:06 AM
Done; go check it out, if you will. ;)

AndrewTall
09-27-2007, 06:48 AM
Sorry if it came off that way. It was only meant to note something that needed to be fixed. It was misspelled in numerous places, so it wasn't just a typo.

-Fizz

Uh oh, I only saw the one...

I was a bit tired to be posting anyway - and I get protective of anyone who puts stuff up on the wiki as so few people do!

I can't believe RaspK_FOG left the comment in at the bottom of the page! Clearly something in need of updating!

titusantonius: do you mind if people correct spelling as long as they don't complain about it? I do it reflexively on the wiki - as a natural pedant I find the spelling/etc bugs me but I know that's my issue not the writer's. If you wiki something and don't want it messed with call it user:name at the start and put a note on it somewhere...

RaspK_FOG
09-27-2007, 07:06 AM
I left the comment because I was too tired to look up for the old commentary on the nature of dragons, and it was funny enough to warrant a sort of joke. ;)