PDA

View Full Version : how do you recharge a magic item, such as a magic missile wand?

Lord Shaene
03-21-2002, 11:48 AM
In 3rd edition i see alot of stuff on how to create an item, but havent found any information about recharging a magic item. in my particular case a wand of magic missile, does anyone know the process needed to recharge such an item?

Mark_Aurel
03-21-2002, 12:04 PM
It's not possible to recharge items under 3e rules - it was, at one point, but it was apparently subject to abuse.

Lord Shaene
03-21-2002, 12:10 PM
when was this done? was it prior to its 3E release? do you have any references pertaining to this?

Arch-Sorcerer Gargamel
03-21-2002, 01:16 PM
Everything is subject to abuse. Its the nature of humanity. ¦¬]

Chioran
03-21-2002, 01:29 PM
Orginally posted by Arch-Sorcerer Gargamel

Everything is subject to abuse. Its the nature of humanity. ¦¬]

Or inhumanity depending on the abuse.

Lord Eldred
04-01-2002, 02:47 PM
I believe that Lord Shaene asks the question because he is feeling abused by his GM who says that he can't currently do it. He is also starting to act a bit like some players who have since left the group because he can't do whatever he wants or he doesn't believe that certain things can happen in his domain.

Lawgiver
04-02-2002, 01:19 PM
Orginally posted by Lord Eldred

I believe that Lord Shaene asks the question because he is feeling abused by his GM who says that he can't currently do it. He is also starting to act a bit like some players who have since left the group because he can't do whatever he wants or he doesn't believe that certain things can happen in his domain.

''But I wanted to go to the Tashi station to pick up some power converters!''

Lord Eldred
04-03-2002, 04:25 PM
My point exactly!

Lord Shaene
04-08-2002, 05:07 PM
/bow Lord Eldred

Please forgive me, I am not worthy, I have succumbed to being like a former group member no longer with us. I am the black sheep, the third wheel, the cancer of the party.
I should never ever disagree with the GM and i have. The GM is always right and I am always wrong. he is intelligent and I am an idiot. he is the best role player, i am the worst.

/grovel

Chioran
04-08-2002, 05:11 PM
Orginally posted by Lord Shaene

/bow Lord Eldred

Please forgive me, I am not worthy, I have succumbed to being like a former group member no longer with us. I am the black sheep, the third wheel, the cancer of the party.
I should never ever disagree with the GM and i have. The GM is always right and I am always wrong. he is intelligent and I am an idiot. he is the best role player, i am the worst.

/grovel

Ah Shaene has come to his senses and admitted his short-comings. Finally. However, the list I have of his short-comings is conisderably longer. :P

Lord Eldred
04-09-2002, 01:12 AM
Well thank you Lord Shaene! I have printed and framed your post, I will treasure it always ;)

On a serious note: I am not the best role player, I wish I were but I am not. I am not always right, in fact the other day while playing MAGIC, Lord Chioran proved that I was wrong on a way a spell works. Lord Shaene is intelligent and should argue as Lord Shaene not his keeper (the player behind the player character) or wait until after game time to discuss what wrongs I have brought upon your keeper. Furthermore, Lord Shaene does not have wool, nor does he roll like a wheel, and we like to have you around so you can't be cancer. Perhaps it was unfair of me to suggest that you were like a former member of the group but don't act like one. I am the GM, if I say that your organization was infiltrated, it was despite your best efforts to prevent. If I say that all of your gold turns to beer, it does. You may not like it and you may want to quit over it but a good role player will deal. For example, if your organization was infiltrated, you should search out the weakness and correct (by the way I have allowed you to keep your underground city a secret from the rest of the realm despite all of the supposed unbelievable failures of your organization) the flaw. In the second example, you sell the beer for gold so that it doesn't end up being a total loss.

Chioran
04-09-2002, 11:36 AM
Actualy El, Shaene wouldn't make it that far with the beer. He'd drink it long before he got it to market. :P

Lord Shaene
04-09-2002, 01:04 PM
first, Chioran, your absolutely correct, sell my beer are you insane.

second Lord Eldred, I would never quit. I accept what you say always have, i may have argued some points at times, but have always accepted it. forgive me if on a rare occasion i bring about an arguement, as we forigive you when you do (hehe). I do not have any problem with my organization being infiltrated as it would be unrealistic for me to believe that. there are some issues i would like to discuss with you concerning my organization though. due to the mechanics of the game, it is almost impossible to include every detail about your domain, character, etc. so often things are assumed or common sense, unfortunately this is up to interpretation. and sometimes mine is different from yours.
so when you do things in my organization that are way different then i percieve and i felt had explained to you, it affects the way my character is played. so when you percieve a situation different then me i am actually role playing my character wrong. so i apologize if i get upset but i am only human,. as far as my last post it was taken from the movie happy gilmour, when he was apologizing to the golf pro, i just thought it was funny. as far as the magic missile question, i was trying to find out how to recharge it since i could not find it in the book, and since my first three avenues in game didnt pan out i was thinking of attempting to recharge it myself i just wanted to see if it was possible for my character. did i get the feeling that perhaps you didnt want it recharged, honestly yes, would it bother me if it didnt get recharged honestly no! has it stopped me from trying to get it recharged no. and when i asked for a reference as to where it said that it couldnt be recharged, the post was made after i talked to you about someone saying it couldnt be recharged and you ask where they heard that from, so i asked here so we would know for future use.

Oh yeah thanks for letting everyone know about my underground city, so much for the secret now :P

Lord Eldred
04-09-2002, 09:07 PM
Did I say underground city, I meant the underground network in the city. Oops, I just let another secret out of the bag! :P

Abbess Allessandra
04-10-2002, 01:23 AM
Note to Characters:
Nothing out here is character knowledge per the DM

Lord Eldred
04-11-2002, 09:19 PM
Orginally posted by Abbess Allessandra

Note to Characters:

Shouldn't that be note to players behind the characters?

By the way, I know that I am the DM :P

Lawgiver
04-13-2002, 06:00 PM

Note to Characters:

Gee thanks for clearing that up LE... I was beginning to wonder who would name their kid "Characters". :P

Lord Eldred
04-15-2002, 08:26 PM
We were considering Mookie but never Characters ;)

Chioran
04-16-2002, 02:04 AM

We were considering Mookie but never Characters ;)

Hmmm... Baby Mookie...:P

Chioran
04-16-2002, 02:05 AM
Orginally posted by Lawgiver

Note to Characters:

Gee thanks for clearing that up LE... I was beginning to wonder who would name their kid "Characters". :P

Kids no, but there is an excellent bar in Southern Andover, MA called characters. Excellent beer and good food.

Emerald Greybeard
07-29-2002, 03:54 PM
Orginally posted by Chioran

Kids no, but there is an excellent bar in Southern Andover, MA called characters. Excellent beer and good food.

Of course, Chioran knows EXACTLY where it is!