PDA

View Full Version : A New PBEM set in Anuire

Fearless_Leader
07-13-2007, 02:27 AM
I've been working on starting a new PBEM for the last several months (and longer) and have now finally launched the thing. I've run a number of these in the past, but this will be my first in over two years. I'm taking certain precautions with it to ensure it's longevity, so that it doesn't die in the first few turns.

To wit, the PBEM is set in Anuire, focusing mostly on strategic level gameplay (although that is not to say that more personal actions have no place), with a heavy emphasis on roleplaying.

So if you're interested, come on over! Veterans and newbies are both welcome. The URL is:

http://aeonsociety.topcities.com/FallenEmpire/index.html

irdeggman
07-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Interesting write up. And awesome graphics.

I would make a suggestion for some house-rules though (these I would make for anyone running a domain level based game by the way):

Source regents can use the level of their source holding to support or oppose any rule province actions. Source regents can also add RP to support or oppose this action. {This helps to mitigate a lot of the issues with wiping out source regents via ruling up a province and reflects the tie to the land that a source regent has}.

Regent Focus feat - this feat only applies to a specific holding type. That is one type of domain action for one type of holding and not one type of domain action for holding types. {This is because it becomes a no-brainer feat to take if a player does not have to worry about playing at the adventure-level and thus can eliminate most of those feats from his choices. Also when adding in the "Master" feats a character can quickly get huge bonuses to domain actions for the cost of very few feats.}

Fearless_Leader
07-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Good suggestions. I think I'll probably implement them.

Fearless_Leader
07-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Just thought I'd post an update (after this I won't post anymore annoying ads for my pbem =) ).

Domains are filling up at a fairly quick pace, however I still have room for number of players. There are a number of popular realms still open, such as Dhoesone, Tuornen, and Endier, as well as some of the larger and more powerful temples, such as Talinie/NIT, the WIT, and the MOC. Also, there are some powerful wizards still available.

Fearless_Leader
09-28-2007, 07:13 PM
I haven't been back here to the site in a while, but I thought I would go ahead and post an update.

My pbem, at the link above, is seeking a small number of new players, perhaps three.

1 - I need a new player for Avanil, as the last one had RL concerns and had to resign. So if you're interested in playing the largest domain in Anuire, then have a look. This player should be able to devote considerable time to the game, and provide excellent roleplaying in emails and message board posts. I'm hoping that this new player will be able to commit to the game for an extended period of time and must be able to jump into diplomacy almost immediately, as there's a far-reaching "Cold War" like scenario developing between Anuire's major powers. And remember, don't get caught in the trap of thinking the Iron Throne must be claimed in an all or nothing war in the first couple turns.

2 - I need players willing to pick up some of Avanil's vassals and allies, namely Brosengae and the Western Imperial Temple of Haelyn.

Thanks.

Thelandrin
09-29-2007, 12:00 AM
I think Kgauck would make a brilliant Prince of Avanil, but he may well be busy, eh Kenneth? :)

kgauck
09-29-2007, 01:46 AM
The labors of my other duties, which feed and clothe me, regrettably prevent me from undertaking additional gaming activities. I do, however, appreciate the thought that I might be suitable for such an office with its special interest in diplomacy. Alas I urge the wise dungeon master to press on and seek his Avanil elsewhere at this time.

May the glory of the Iron Throne find its true champion and the next Emperor of Anuire.

Thelandrin
02-09-2008, 09:57 PM
This game unfortunately finished in January this year. It was a good game while it lasted.