PDA

View Full Version : DColby's Sword of the Anuirean Empire

Dcolby
07-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Discussion thread for DColby's Sword of the Anuirean Empire (http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/DColby's Sword of the Anuirean Empire). If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Dcolby
07-09-2007, 06:17 PM
As I rework the Sword of Roele Adventure and am running from the strictly non canon point of view that the sword of Michael Roele was a replica of the Original Roeles' Blade lost in the Khinasi wars....what should the original do/be??

I would love to hear from the community. :)

kgauck
07-10-2007, 01:27 AM
I would imagine that any great blade of a major dynasty is going to be a legacy weapon. Such a weapon would be a +1 long sword or bastard sword to anyone who uses it, but once a character reaches 5th level its possible to perform rituals to unlock additional powers appropriate to a great emperor (or whoever the sword belonged too).

As I have gone about making some legeacy weapons for great houses, one challenge to overcome is to avoid making them all the same, since the needs of rulers encompase a great deal of overlap. Generally I take inspiration from the blood abilities of the current dynast and try to either cover gaps or accentuate strengths.

Dcolby
07-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Perhaps two versions...one for those of use who have and use the weapons of Legacy product and one for those of us who do not..

kgauck
07-10-2007, 03:39 PM
You don't need the product if the weapon is described thoroughly.

Dcolby
07-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Agreed, I have and occasionaly make use of the product. But some may not care for the concept or the product itself. If creating a legacy version should some of the abilities be tied to the Roele bloodline itself? Perhaps limiting the weapons usefulness as an adventuring tool, but still remaining a powerful symbol for the political machinations of the owner.

Riggswolfe
08-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Agreed, I have and occasionaly make use of the product. But some may not care for the concept or the product itself. If creating a legacy version should some of the abilities be tied to the Roele bloodline itself? Perhaps limiting the weapons usefulness as an adventuring tool, but still remaining a powerful symbol for the political machinations of the owner.

I would have it be tied at least to the derivation if not the specific bloodline, so only scions of Anduris (I forget the proper spelling) can use it.