PDA

View Full Version : Aeric

kgauck
06-05-2007, 04:20 AM
Discussion thread for Aeric (http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Aeric). If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Should the Aeric page just redirect to Erik, or have some discussion on the particulars of Anuirean worship of the Old Father of the Forests? Likewise other linguistic variations on other dieties.

Sorontar
06-05-2007, 04:35 AM
The Erik page should be the main page that other pages hang off. It should link to pages on all churches and their variants. It should describe or link to pages that describe any legends attributed to Erik (eg. Rjurik origin of winter) as well as anything on cultural differences of worship/respect. Therefore [[Erik]]/[[Aeric]]/[[Old Father of the Forests]] should all link to the one page. After all, the alternative spellings is listed nice and high on the page and such variation is also found for other gods.

Likewise, if The Oaken Grove of Aeric is *not* part of the Oaken Grove of Erik then its should have a separate page. But I have always taken it that they are really just one and the same, with the Aeric branch being a little more missionary than the original one, and having to adapt the traditional practices for the new Anuirean culture.

Sorontar.

ryancaveney
06-05-2007, 04:37 AM
Should the Aeric page just redirect to Erik, or have some discussion on the particulars of Anuirean worship of the Old Father of the Forests? Likewise other linguistic variations on other dieties.

I think they should redirect, and the main page itself ought to have a small section at the bottom summarizing any regional differences.

Ryan

kgauck
06-05-2007, 05:05 AM
Makes sense.

Thelandrin
06-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Gods should be listed under their most common name - Sera, Avani, Erik etc. We wouldn't want to confuse people, I think.

kgauck
06-05-2007, 04:14 PM
My thinking was that we might have a page on Sarimie that discussed Anuirean worship of Lady Luck, and the linked into Sera, for the full treatment. But it makes just as much sense to link directly into Sera and then link back out to both Anuirean temples, which can include the local specialties.