PDA

View Full Version : Campaign

Sorontar
05-29-2007, 11:50 PM
Discussion thread for Campaign (http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Campaign). If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Sorontar
05-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Excuse me for my naivety, but what is PnP?

And how are we going to name
* tabletop (standard) campaigns? Are they historical campaigns? How are they named? Do we distinguish between domain level and adventure level campaigns? CPGN? CMPN? CAMPAIGN? CAMP? CMGN? Do any other wikis/communities have a way of doing it?
* online campaigns like The Gulf of Coeranys? ONLINE? WWW? WEB? PCC (ie. PC campaign)? ECMPN (ie. Electronic Campaign)? Or should they all be labelled as PBEM?
* any other campaign type (e.g. if someone invents Play-by-Pigeon-Post)? Use the same as tabletop?

Sorontar

Thelandrin
05-30-2007, 09:53 AM
PnP is pen-and-paper, that is traditional campaigns, away from the taint of PBeM, PBMSN etc.

Elton Robb
05-30-2007, 12:09 PM
PnP is pen-and-paper, that is traditional campaigns, away from the taint of PBeM, PBMSN etc.

Some people need PBeM, PBMSN, etc. because they can't get something going in their area. :)

AndrewTall
05-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Some people need PBeM, PBMSN, etc. because they can't get something going in their area. :)

indeed so.

When I scribbled out the index I planned that:

a historic campaign is one that has ended, but has something to offer viewers - amusing tales, adventure ideas, etc.

PBEM is an active PBEM campaign.

PNP is an active pen and paper campaign.

If you want to add other types of campaign please do / tell me to do so.

Thelandrin
05-31-2007, 09:07 AM
Oh, naturally Elton. You can't beat a good old PNP though :)