PDA

View Full Version : The Gulf of Coeranys

Thelandrin
05-29-2007, 01:16 PM
Discussion thread for The Gulf of Coeranys (http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/The Gulf of Coeranys). If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

I really like this idea, not that I'd be able to play of course. The inclusion of Strahd as a Cerilian awnshegh is fascinating. I doubt however that anybody else still has a running copy of the Core Rules program - it is several years old!

Elton Robb
05-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Discussion thread for The Gulf of Coeranys (http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/The Gulf of Coeranys). If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

I really like this idea, not that I'd be able to play of course. The inclusion of Strahd as a Cerilian awnshegh is fascinating. I doubt however that anybody else still has a running copy of the Core Rules program - it is several years old!

I do. :) It still works with my computer.

Gwrthefyr
05-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Vlad Tepes was prince of Vallachia; the idea in itself is fairly interesting: Ravenloft domain lords already have an ability very much akin to the Warding spell, and are very much tied to their land.

Oh, and 2nd ed Core Rules still runs on my laptop.

Thelandrin
05-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Well, I still have a copy but it was prone to crashing on my old machine. I have no idea whether it will run on XP or not. Great program for its time though.

Elton Robb
05-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Well, I still have a copy but it was prone to crashing on my old machine. I have no idea whether it will run on XP or not. Great program for its time though.

It should run on XP. A lot of Win32 programs still run on WinXP.

Elton Robb
05-30-2007, 12:22 AM
Vlad Tepes was prince of Vallachia; the idea in itself is fairly interesting: Ravenloft domain lords already have an ability very much akin to the Warding spell, and are very much tied to their land.

Oh, and 2nd ed Core Rules still runs on my laptop.

You are correct. Wallachia was his domain name. :) I did some checking up on it, and I haven't corrected it yet.

Elton Robb
05-30-2007, 11:41 PM
I really like this idea, not that I'd be able to play of course. The inclusion of Strahd as a Cerilian awnshegh is fascinating.

To tell the truth, I had the idea to use Strahd as an Awnshegh for a very long time, ever since I received the 25th Anniversary Edition of Ravenloft for joining the RPGA. It makes sense to put him in the Vampire's Hold. It's just about the same culture and same climate. I just needed to make him a Vos ruler to have the same East European nuance and their you go.