PDA

View Full Version : House Rules Shade ShadowMoon (version by: ShadowMoon)

ShadowMoon
05-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Discussion thread for User:ShadowMoon/House Rules Shade ShadowMoon (http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/User:ShadowMoon/House Rules Shade ShadowMoon). If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Thelandrin
05-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Might I suggest you create one page (User:ShadowMoon/HouseRules) and then link to your various pages with simpler names?

I don't know about anyone else, but I think User:ShadowMoon/Shade is simpler than the current title.

ShadowMoon
05-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Heh, as You might prolly noticed those two pages (Guilder and Shade) are my very first Wiki edits. So I am still learning.
I thought about one page, like d20R, but then I wondered that if its one page, then all will be messed up. I would like to have separate entries, and yet to be part of a whole.
I guess there is still much to learn.

PS: Those entries are not d20R, because I modified them for D&D 3.5 Birthright. d20R is really a major d20 conversion, with alternative round system, armour absorbation, wounds, sanity, controlled magic manipulation system, it uses a metric system, etc...

ShadowMoon
05-04-2007, 10:27 PM
I guess next I'll upload Half-Elf Racial Template, and Silver Inquisitor Prestige Class.

I really hope someone will find it useful...

ShadowMoon
05-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Might I suggest you create one page (User:ShadowMoon/HouseRules) and then link to your various pages with simpler names?

I don't know about anyone else, but I think User:ShadowMoon/Shade is simpler than the current title.

It goes from here at the moment:

http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Classes_%28Base_and_Prestige%29

Thelandrin
05-05-2007, 01:10 AM
Listen, Perception and Spot checks? Did you mean Search? Also, Hide, Move Silently and Seeming checks? What are Seeming checks?

I think the age modifiers should be a flat percentage, to account for Dwarves and Goblins etc. taking this template, as well as humans.

ShadowMoon
05-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Listen, Perception and Spot checks? Did you mean Search? Also, Hide, Move Silently and Seeming checks? What are Seeming checks?

I think the age modifiers should be a flat percentage, to account for Dwarves and Goblins etc. taking this template, as well as humans.

Perception and Seeming were two additional attributes from Birthright AD&D 2Ed that were presented in Blood Spawn. Perception is used to detect and counter chaotic figments of the Shadow World. Seeming was used for manipulation and creation of those figments. In d20R I made them skills; Perception (Wis), and Seeming (Cha).

I really hate age categories and age modifiers presented in Core D&D d20, so again I have created my own rule-set regarding age.

I'll post age categories in next post...

ShadowMoon
05-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Human (Anuirean. Basarji, Brecht, Masetian, Rjuven, and Vos.)
Baby: 0 – 4 years
Infant: 4 – 14 years
Adolescent: 14 – 18 years
Young Adult: 18 – 30 years
Mature: 30 – 42 years
Middle-aged: 42 – 63 years
Old: 63 – 82 years
Ancient: + 2d12 years

Dwarf (Karamhul)
Baby: 0 – 8 years
Infant: 8 – 20 years
Adolescent: 20 – 40 years
Young Adult: 40 – 88 years
Mature: 88 – 182 years
Middle-aged: 182 – 321 years
Old: 321 – 435 years
Ancient: + 6d12 years

Elf (Sidhe)
Baby: 0 – 5 years
Infant: 5 – 42 years
Adolescent: 42 – 100 years
Young Adult: 100 – 500 years
Mature: 500 – 1500 years
Middle-aged: 1500 – 3000 years
Old: 3000 – 5000 years
Ancient: + ∞ years

Halfling
Infant: 4 – 16 years
Adolescent: 16 – 24 years
Young Adult: 24 – 40 years
Mature: 40 – 62 years
Middle-aged: 62 – 98 years
Old: 98 – 162 years
Ancient: + 4d12 years

Gnoll
Baby: 0 – 2 years
Infant: 2 – 8 years
Adolescent: 8 – 15 years
Young Adult: 15 – 22 years
Mature: 22 – 33 years
Middle-aged: 33 – 46 years
Old: 46 – 59 years
Ancient: +2d12 years

Goblin
Baby: 0 – 3 years
Infant: 3 – 10 years
Adolescent: 10 – 16 years
Young Adult: 16 – 24 years
Mature: 24 – 38 years
Middle-aged: 38 – 51 years
Old: 51 – 72 years
Ancient: +1d12 years

Orog
Infant: 4 – 12 years
Adolescent: 12 – 18 years
Young Adult: 18 – 28 years
Mature: 28 – 40 years
Middle-aged: 40 – 56 years
Old: 56 – 71 years
Ancient: +2d12 years

Baby
Size: Two Size categories lower.
Modifiers: -3 Str; -1 Dex; -2 Con; -1 Int
Special: Basic Racial Traits; Movement halved.

Infant
Size: One Size category lower.
Modifiers: -2 Str; -1 Con; +1 Cha
Special: Cultural Background Feat

Adolescent
Size: Normal Size for its race, sometimes one category lower.
Modifiers: -1 Str; +1 Dex; -1 Int; -1 Wis
Special: Character Feat

Young Adult
Size: Normal Size for its race.
Modifiers: No modifications
Special: N / A

Mature
Modifiers: +1 Int; +1 Cha
Special: Bonus Feat

Middle-aged
Modifiers: -1 Dex; +1 Int; +1 Wis
Special: Character Feat

Old
Modifiers: -1 Str; -1 Dex; -1 Con; +1 Wis; +1 Cha

Ancient
Modifiers: -1 Str; -1 Dex; -1 Con

Thelandrin
05-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Well, according to the BRCS, the Sidhelien are completely important and are not bothered by something so mundane as ageing.

ShadowMoon
05-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Well, according to the BRCS, the Sidhelien are completely important and are not bothered by something so mundane as ageing.

Well as You have seen that Ancient age category for Sidhe shows infinity mark, so they don't actually die of old age. But they are still material creatures living in material world, therefore they age, although very slow.
I forgot one additional entry on Ancient Sidhe, that is if they leave their Tree of Life for longer period, they begin to die. So, Sidhe immortality is bound to their Tree of Life and Elven realm, and those Ancient Sidhe are called Dryads. Some Sidhe have so powerful bonds with their Tree of Life that they ignore any age penalties, and still retain bonuses.

Thelandrin
05-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Interesting concept, linking the Sidhelien immortality with dryads. Of course, in the BRCS, since the Sidhelien aren't affected by ageing, they don't accrue bonuses or penalties.

ShadowMoon
05-05-2007, 01:19 PM
If The Tree of Life is destroyed, then Sidhe starts dying. It is possible to bond with another Tree of Life after it has been destroyed, or even with more than one at the same time, though Sidhe consider that violations of the Gaea flow, banning such rituals, and exiling those Sidhe, marking them as Awn'Sidhe (Dark Elves, Shadow Elves, or Elves that have passed over the Shadow). Sidhe twins, though highly rare, are known to share their Tree of Life. If Sidhe is killed, near his Tree of Life, his life energy is absorbed by the Tree of Life (with full Bloodline if any), awakening the tree, creating a Treant. Those Treants retain their old personalities and memories. If Sidhe is killed away from it's Tree of Life, it starts to whither and dye. Some rare occasions proved that even if Sidhe died far from his Tree of Life, tree would still awake, but it would be wild, savage and menacing.

On the other side, when Erik's Druids awaken and/or summon a Treant, that Treant is not the same as the Elven one. It is animated by Erik's power, bound to the will of his faithful Druid. Some theology scholars consider this kind of animation as a lesser form of an avatar of Erik.

PS: I might post Prestige Class Shadow Walker as well. It is specially designed for Awn'Sidhe.