PDA

View Full Version : Main Page

flip
05-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Discussion thread for Main Page (http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Main Page). If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Arjan
05-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Dont know if Flip meant to create a thread, but since he did lets make use of it :)

In the almost two weeks now i see that people are more interested in the roleplay elements on the wiki, rather then the rules.

Since the BRCS index is pretty much fleshed out on the main page and taking quite some space i am thinking of moving it to another page more in the background (ofc linked from main) leaving more room to split out some of the area's like the Atlas sections.

any other ideas?

kgauck
05-02-2007, 04:23 PM
I guess it depends on whether the wiki is supposed to serve current BR players (who already have core rules and want content) or new BR players who are looking for the campaign setting and how to build a character, &c.

Thelandrin
05-02-2007, 06:48 PM
I doubt it would hurt to effectively host the BRCS on the wiki. Instant access to any term is damn useful, but most people would still want a hard copy for their games. (That is, I'm not suggesting replacing the downloads of course, but an addition might be good.)

Arjan
05-02-2007, 06:59 PM
I doubt it would hurt to effectively host the BRCS on the wiki. Instant access to any term is damn useful, but most people would still want a hard copy for their games. (That is, I'm not suggesting replacing the downloads of course, but an addition might be good.)

well i didnt mean remove the BRCS pages completely, just simply remove the complete index from the main page and move it to a lower level. or simplifly the index listing the chapters only for example

Thelandrin
05-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Well, places like d20srd.org do a roaring trade (metaphorically speaking), simply because of the ease of use and access. If somehow the PDFed BRCS could be converted to also be online, it can only do us good.

Likewise, making the downloadable hard copies harder to find (as it were) is somewhat counterproductive, I feel. After all, the people who don't have it yet are likely to be new to the site. It needs to be in a prominent place, even if it's only one link on the main page.

kgauck
05-02-2007, 09:59 PM
I didn't work on any of those pages since I don't use the BRCS, but I believe all or most of it is wikified. There is no question of that "somehow the PDFed BRCS could be converted to also be online" because its already up, but rather, how much screen space should be given to its contents on the main page.

Sepsis
09-05-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm sure this has been asked, but I can't find a discussion on this: Will the BRWiki be updated to 4e when it is released?

BRadmin
09-05-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm sure this has been asked, but I can't find a discussion on this: Will the BRWiki be updated to 4e when it is released?

well that depends on all you guys if you are going to! :)

BRnet will probably loose its official status, but will be allowed to carry on.
There only will be some competition, but i got some nice ideas to stay alive.

but if the wiki will be updated to 4e all depends on the contributions made to it by BRnet members.

cheers
Arjan

Sorontar
09-05-2007, 11:56 PM
Hopefully it won't be an update, it will just be an addition. At the moment there are NPC stats for AD&D and D&D3.5 (and I suspect D&D3.0). Hopefully by the time D&D4.0 comes along we will have worked out how to clearly mark what page has what.

Most of the descriptions of places won't need to change at all. Just the basic rules for Birthright.

And hopefully we will maintain there being a "official" version in PDF or similar form, plus the more malleable wiki.

Sorontar.

Retillin
09-06-2007, 01:58 AM
I just wanted to say thank you guys for all the hard work you've put into this site over the years. The amount of work you'd done and the love you have put into it has really impressed me. Thanks.