PDA

View Full Version : If a regent owns a source can their Lieutenants use the regent's sourc

Lawgiver
03-01-2002, 04:59 AM
The idea of a source is that it ''is a nexus or collection point where a wizard can harness power of the land to serve his own devices.''.

If a wizard regent owns a source can their Lieutenants use the regent's sources to cast Realm Spells? According to Seirra's Gorgon's Alliance you can. What are your opinions?

Riegan Swordwraith
03-01-2002, 03:29 PM
Really cannot see why not.

Mithrandir
03-02-2002, 12:57 AM
Makes sense to me. Maybe they need to get permission though.

Lord Eldred
03-02-2002, 05:15 AM
If the wizard wants, anyone can use the source. If the wizard does not want, they can not tap into the energy. The energy is tied to the wizard and only the wizard can allow someone to tap into it.

Green Knight
03-03-2002, 09:40 AM
The word is "ley link", although this would require the Lt. to have at least a soruce (0) somewhere. So I'd say yes, no reason the Lt. can't when everybody else can ;)

Lord Eldred
03-03-2002, 01:50 PM
Green Knight why couldn't the 2nd in command use the source if he is present where the source is located without ley link?

Arouk the Spondaik
03-03-2002, 02:00 PM
I think that the source is bonded by spells only to the wizard(regent or no)who can create it.Think about it m8s.It is a safety rule for the source not to fall in wrong hands!

Lord Eldred
03-03-2002, 02:25 PM
Sure but why couldn't the wizard let someone else use it, lowering the defenses if he wanted to?

Arch-Sorcerer Gargamel
03-03-2002, 10:42 PM
I see no reason why the Wizard can't just let whoever he wants use the source, especially lieutenants. If a lieutentant can be loaned regency and control of other holdings for any purpose, then the lieutenant should be able to be loaned sources and ley lines, without cost, for the lieutenant action. He's still using your regency and GBs, but he must be blooded to wield realm magic.

Green Knight
03-04-2002, 08:44 PM
Orginally posted by Lord Eldred

Green Knight why couldn't the 2nd in command use the source if he is present where the source is located without ley link?

Yes why not? Why not every other wizard that comes along? Fine by me, but then you have just made the ley link action redundant ;)

They ley link action IS very easy to use: Free, auto, 1RP. Transfers control of specified sources/ley lines for 2 action rounds or until owner wants them back. Requirement: lt. have a source (0) somewhere (creating surces should be a part of his training anyway, realms spells and sources go hand in hand).

Don't fix if it ain't broken. Use ley link and enjoy a better, more satisfying life !

Lord Shaene
03-07-2002, 01:18 PM
hehe all the wizards ive known wouldnt let anyone use their power source even if it is possible or in the very least without making a huge profit from it.

What? you want to know if this ring is magical. hmm that will cost you an arm and a leg , .... oh and a 1000plat

<;) just kidding>

blitzmacher
03-08-2002, 12:59 AM
I think in players secrets of Tuarhievel that the prince controls all of the source levels and allows other elven wizards access to the source holdings as well. So I think the answer to the original question would be yes if the regent allows it.

Lawgiver
03-09-2002, 04:27 AM
Orginally posted by Green Knight
Use ley link and enjoy a better, more satisfying life!

I suddenly got the urge for Mentos... ;)

Lord Eldred
03-10-2002, 01:12 PM
Orginally posted by Lord Shaene

hehe all the wizards ive known wouldnt let anyone use their power source even if it is possible or in the very least without making a huge profit from it.

What? you want to know if this ring is magical. hmm that will cost you an arm and a leg , .... oh and a 1000plat

<;) just kidding>

I would agree that it would only happen on a limited basis because of the very nature of wizards but I still would say it could happen!

Green Knight
03-12-2002, 08:21 PM
And prince pointy ears does use the "Ley Link" action, cause' he's old and has led a fullfilling life. Proof positive that he is a Ley Link user I'd say :P