PDA

View Full Version : Birthright skin

Arjan
04-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Do you want to have the option to choose the standard blueish skin this site used to have? or think this skin is just fine as it is.

Jaleela
04-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Hi Arjan,

I think giving people the option of using the BR skin or blue would be nice.

I like the BR skin, but find the Gorgon and Michael Roele a little distracting in the gap between the navigation and the body of posts/information, it competes with other more important functionality elements. Also the reverse contrast might be difficult for some people to read from a Usability standpoint.

Just my two groats worth.

J

Beruin
04-12-2007, 09:17 PM
I can live with the BR skin, but found the old blue one more reader friendly. Given the choice I'd probably change back to the old look.

Anyway, I read most of the posts through the list, so my vote doesn't really count.

Sorontar
04-17-2007, 12:27 AM
For me, most of the artwork in this one is hidden behind either the forum posts and headings or a vBulletin graphic. That ruins it.

Sorontar

Sorontar
04-17-2007, 03:33 AM
Hmm... my previous email was about what I get in Mozilla 2.0.0.1 and includes a picture of Roger, http://www.birthright.net/tmp/imgtest/rogr.png, on a blackbackground. If I visit using Konqueror 3.1.4-6 Red Hat I get the dark trees and the Gorgon fighting Roele, which I like. Methinks something is amiss.

Sorontar
ps. Have now realised that I am using the "Birthright" skin, not the default.... and the default has the nice tree/Gorgon images. The reason I got the default skin for Konqueror was because I hadn't logged in, when testing the forum. I suggest you clean up the Birthright skin.

Arjan
04-17-2007, 07:33 AM
ps. Have now realised that I am using the "Birthright" skin, not the default.... and the default has the nice tree/Gorgon images. The reason I got the default skin for Konqueror was because I hadn't logged in, when testing the forum. I suggest you clean up the Birthright skin.

i indeed used the BR skin with the rogr picture to test things to see how they work, so its indeed a big mess and not usable :)

Doyle
04-18-2007, 08:48 AM
I do prefer the BR skin over the blue, but I agree the option would be best.

On a similar note I made a BR skin for Kyodai if anyone plays that game and is interested.

R.,

Doyle

Frukathka
04-18-2007, 07:51 PM
I do prefer the old style.

Ariadne
04-25-2007, 11:41 AM
Keep it! I love it :)

Thelandrin
04-26-2007, 08:13 AM
Well, I already voted positively some time ago, but yes, I like this look! :)

Wyr3d
04-28-2007, 06:01 AM
Yeah,

I don't really visit the site much, so to me it doesn't really matter; but:

Well...

I booked in just now on my PDA; and the site took almost twice as long to load up than it did with the former skin...

Arjan
04-28-2007, 07:58 AM
Yeah,

I don't really visit the site much, so to me it doesn't really matter; but:

Well...

I booked in just now on my PDA; and the site took almost twice as long to load up than it did with the former skin...

hehe well since you dont visit it too much you can enjoy it twice as long then ;)

but i might reinstall the blueish one once again, but will take some time, since i integraded many scripts to be compliant with the wiki etc. so the blue may look simple, but is as complex

cyrano24100
05-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Yeah, I sometimes access this site from work, and people can tell RIGHT AWAY that I'm not working... the Blue site looked more like the forums that you might encounter for tech support or geeky code forums (yey I'm a geek!) :D

ShadowMoon
05-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Voted YES; I really like this skin.

Thumbs up ^^;