PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 PHB2 Affiliations could be cool for BR

riprock
02-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Someone on rpg.net pointed out that the new "affiliations" rules from the D&D 3.5 PHB2 would be very cool in Birthright.

I don't have a lot of good examples of Birthright domains and holdings, but given an example or two, I think it would be clear that the "affiliations" rules could be used to deepen the play.

Lee
02-18-2007, 07:11 PM
In a message dated 2/18/07 10:03:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
brnetboard@BIRTHRIGHT.NET writes:

<< Someone on rpg.net pointed out that the new "affiliations" rules from the
D&D 3.5 PHB2 would be very cool in Birthright.

I don`t have a lot of good examples of Birthright domains and holdings, but
given an example or two, I think it would be clear that the "affiliations"
rules could be used to deepen the play. >>

I heartily agree, and will work on that in my next game. I hope to build
on half of my last group, with one PC definitely in a group, and another
perhaps earning his way into another.

Lee.

kgauck
02-21-2007, 10:26 PM
The Black Arrows of Jankaping are an elite military unit in Jankaping (there is a warcard for them), and the party has encountered them, so I tracked them as an organization. Using the organization affiliation rules, if they continue to have favorable encounters, the Black Arrows will generally regard the party as friendly.

Generally any domain, special warcard unit, or even noble houses could be treated as organizations. Generally, I like to have cleavage in a domain, so I split domains on various issues, so sometimes the party has an affiliation with a whole domain, and sometimes its only a faction in a domain.

That's where I would start. Domains, parts of domains (the Avanil war party, the Avanil peace party), and special organizations.

darthjordy
03-03-2007, 05:02 AM
Some cool affiliations might be the Knights of Haelyn, or some cool Blooded wizards guild. I've made a secret society of assassins in my Birthright game called the Hidden using the new Affiliation rules.

Azrai
03-03-2007, 06:57 PM
This PHB2 groups are IMO boring. Not really good stuff for a Birthright campaign.