PDA

View Full Version : Prestige Classes From Other Setting Material?

Ran Ironmaster, Temple Re
02-24-2002, 07:16 PM
I've been looking through the Witch-Hunter prestige class, which is found in a Ravenloft sourcebook. I think it would work well in Birthright as a varition on the Ranger, in fact I think it should be expanded to a full class for both settings, by adding 5 lower levels and 5 higher levels for the complete 20 level range given in the 3e PHB to proper classes.

The reason I suggest this is because the Witch-Hunter has much in common with the Ranger, but is not the same class, in fact it's intended as a Ravenloft-specific prestige class.

Lord Eldred
02-25-2002, 03:09 AM
I think if your DM wants to adapt prestige classes meant for exclusive use in other campaign world that that should be allowed. I can see no reason not to however, the key word is adapt. The prestige classes would have to be adaptable so that it fits in to the campaign.

Arch-Sorcerer Gargamel
03-18-2002, 06:05 PM
I'm not sure what to vote for. I like the idea of adapting some of the prestige classes from other campaigns, to an extent. I also like some, mind you some, of the generic prestige classes, and believe they should be adapted (not straight up taken) for birthright. We should also develop Birthright specific prestige classes.

Lawgiver
03-19-2002, 05:53 AM
I can't vote because the options are too long and I can't read them... curse my 14" monitor.

Chioran
03-19-2002, 12:57 PM
Orginally posted by Lawgiver

I can't vote because the options are too long and I can't read them... curse my 14" monitor.

I've got a 17" monitor at 1024x768 and I can't read all of them.

Ran Ironmaster
05-18-2002, 02:31 PM
The options mean

Yes, all prestige classes are accecptable

Yes, I agree with you in this case, but take it on a case by case basis

No, those classes designed exclusivly for other settings should not be used

No, only special Birthright classes shoud be used.

By the way my DM is using those nations I put in the project section, it's a Birthright/Ravenloft crossover