PDA

View Full Version : Best Area of Cerilia?

Andy
02-22-2002, 09:09 PM
yup, tryin a poll

morgramen
02-25-2002, 07:51 AM
Hmmm.... loaded question that one. ;)

Best area to DM: Depends on the DM and nature of the campaign I think. If you want a politics heavy game, Anuire is for you. However, it also is a *huge* area and is not so segragated from the other regions so nicely like Vosgaard is for example.

To play in: This also depends. Anuire is likely the most popular, since it is modled closely after the more common 'medievel england' style of D&D.

Personally, I have the most fun because of the players & the DM not the area the campaign takes place in. If the players are committed and aren't afraid to role play well or take a shot or two to the mid section once in a while, and the DM is online at least twice a month to talk trash via his NPCs, then the game is a hit IMO.

So, Morg's response to the poll : All of the above. :)

Green Knight
02-25-2002, 10:10 AM
Well, all regions have their own particular charm :)

I have spent more time playing in Anuire than the rest combined. Sort of makes Anuire my favorite I suppose...

Lawgiver
02-27-2002, 05:33 AM
Overall it seems that Anuire is easiest for players to play in character and in the spirit of the game. Few players understand many of the other cultures and tend to have strange gaming/role-playing methods. You cannot take the western culture and place it in the Khinasi setting without crushing the basic ideal of the region.

Chaos Lord Arioch
03-24-2002, 06:10 PM
Landlubbers beware!
I like the taste of the Great Bay region. What other setting offers the opportunity to trade with all the other regions? It's certrally located and guilds play a major role in the region.

Sail ho,

centAUr
03-27-2002, 11:31 PM
The main reason is that the setting for Anuire is far more available than the others and thus you can find some backround to play on. What I want to say is that you cannot play Vosgaard without the setting. You will come up roleplaying like an Anuirian noble and thus spoiling all the fun.

goblin_khan
03-28-2002, 09:12 AM
Sorry , guys but I may play Anuirean realms in many PBEM's (and very very very strange realms they are!;) hihihi ask Morg) but i have to admit.Rjurik is the best area for the Birthright concept either for PCs or DMs.Trucks that cut your breath with their hight , cold dark and gigantic taeghan forests , scattered human tribes , very few monarchies and lots of powerful humanoid realms. (Urga Zai , Bloodskull Barony , Giantdowns).A powerful setting with many challenges for the PCs and also small in size for the DM not to drive him nuts! Rjurik forever !!

PCyric
03-28-2002, 09:41 AM
Since I like roleplaying most, I vote for Anuire. However I believe that the other areas are really underestimated. I believe that a really good game could be held in Rjurik, or Brechtur, or Khinashi (I do not like Vosgaard that much, due to the lack of interaction beteen the players - other than swords talking for their regents). If a pbem existed in those parts of Cerillia (apart from Anuire), I believe it could add something to the current list of pbems, as long as the DMs stayed online long enough and commited time and effort for the game.