PDA

View Full Version : Site width

BRadmin
08-03-2006, 03:38 PM
How would you prefer the site/forum display in width?

Starmage21
08-03-2006, 03:45 PM
liquid.

that way if my screen is too big, the site doesnt look tiny, and if its too small I dont have to deal with a scroll bar.

gazza666
08-04-2006, 06:22 AM
There's no heavy images or anything, so not really any compelling reason not to go with liquid.

IMHO, of course.

Arjan
08-04-2006, 06:35 AM
There's no heavy images or anything, so not really any compelling reason not to go with liquid.

IMHO, of course.

well that is the reason why i posted the poll. since most of the site is technical running (yes the wiki is coming soon too) , the next thing i want to do is give it a more RPG/BR feel again.
So before i spend hours on a fancy design again on a fixed layout i though to ask you all first.

Arjan

gazza666
08-04-2006, 06:56 AM
So before i spend hours on a fancy design again on a fixed layout i though to ask you all first.

Well, I can't speak for the assembled masses, but frankly I'd rather have a fast loading page that was a little on the plain side than a fancy page that was slower to load - that said, there's obviously a middle ground here.

RaspK_FOG
08-12-2006, 09:18 AM
I am with gazza666 on this one; on that note, I can help a little on reducing file sizes without any real loss of quality, as long as tell me what file types you can work with (for example, if the board does not support 8-bit PNG files, I shouldn't use that format, etc.).