PDA

View Full Version : Khinasi Game

pendrgon15
07-22-2006, 03:42 AM
Hello, I've been thinking of starting a Birthright PBe-mail but have never played in or run a PBM game. If anyone would like to help (Run or Play) please let me know.

Thanks Matt

Mitchifer
07-23-2006, 01:42 AM
Hi, I'm brand new too, and I'd like to give this a shot. I'm not sure what all will be involved however, so let me know. Also, let me know if we're using 2nd edition AD&D or the d20 version; I have my birthright boxed set here with me, but most of my other books are still on their way here since I just moved. Thanks

sotiris
07-24-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi. I am plannng my own campagn in Khinasi for my friends and I would be interested to find more about your game (and to join in as player as well).

pendrgon15
07-27-2006, 04:54 AM
Sorry it took so long to get back, but I'm moving (from Wisconsin-USA to Japan). Most of my books are packed. I'm not sure what version of the rules I would use. For the following reasons...

2nd Edition Rules:
1) the main books can be used without converting
2) I like the feel of 2nd ed
3) would be able to use premade programs from the internet

D20 Rules:
1) Most of the conversion work is already dune
2) I like the feats and skill points system
3) But would have to/want to convert 2nd ed things

Also I don't really know how to run Pbm combat.

pendrgon15
07-27-2006, 04:56 AM
I would like to hear other peoples views on which system they would like to play.

Fearless_Leader
08-02-2006, 02:52 AM
I would like to hear other peoples views on which system they would like to play.

Well my personal preferance is for 3E/3.5E/d20, but don't let that influence your decision, as I join very few email games.

I've GMed a number of PBeMs, and I've always prefered the "human" touch rather than a program. It allows me insert whatever extra description I so choose. I've always been skeptical of the idea that using a program is a time saver, as the only thing I do when resolving the success of a domain action is roll some dice. Generally I ask the players to provide all the modifiers to such a roll, and if some modifier is not provided, I'm not going to consider it.

The thing that takes up the most time is warfare. I'm not sure if that's what you mean by "pbm combat" or if you're referring to personal combat between characters. I've generally learned to streamline warfare by limiting the number of available warmoves. As well, when two realms engage in combat, I try to keep the number of times I email the involved players down to a minimum and release the results of those war moves only with the turn results. This has the benefit of keeping third parties out of the war until the next turn.

sotiris
08-14-2006, 07:35 AM
As my pesonal set of house rules takes from both 2ed and BRSC rules, I am equally comfortable (or better equally uncomfortable) with both.

monsterfurby
08-14-2006, 10:11 PM
I personally think that PbP (using a forum) is much more useful than PBEM, simply because you don't get spammed with emails and keep some sense of what's going on where at what time.
If you're going to start a game, though, I would be interested in joining. I personally prefer the 2nd Ed rules due to them being a bit less... table and number oriented in my opinion.

ThatSeanGuy
08-17-2006, 06:32 PM
This looks pretty neat! If its still being worked on, I'd love a shot at playing.