PDA

View Full Version : GBs collection in the new 3.5 rules

stv2brown1988
04-08-2006, 02:26 PM
I just started reading the new rules that I donwloaded from your site. The use of fractions in relation to GBs throw me.

There is something in there about road maintence cost 1/6GB. Is this 1 GB for every six provinces the road crosses? What if the road is only 4 provinces long?

Also when collecting for holdings 2/3 or 1/3 of the level of the holding is far easier to handle than rolling a bunch of die but if the holding level is 5 then how much do you collect? Do you guys round down or keep fractions? Tell me if I got this right, there is no difference in having a temple 3 in a province 3 or a province 7? If this is correct, doesn't that take away some of the polictical aspects of the game i.e. the temple & guild regents wanting the province ruler to raise the province level so they get more income but the province mage would suffer on his/her sources if the province level was raised.

Forgive me if I got this all wrong, like I said I just started reading the rules last night (and I was tired when I started). These are just my initial thoughts.

By the way I like the character creation portions of what I read so far!

Danip
04-08-2006, 10:15 PM
You keep the fractions. Generally the smallest fraction you see is 1/12 GB so it is not that messy. If your using a computer to help with the bookkeeping it is somewhat easier to just round to an easy decimal [1/3=.3 1/6=.7 1/12=.1 etc]. Compared to the old system having constant income really cuts down on bookkeeping and makes it easier to plan a domain's finances.

stv2brown1988
04-09-2006, 04:59 PM
I wrote a macro in Excel to help keep track of this. I'd like to post it to the downloads section and see if someone can check it for accuracy.

stv2brown1988
04-11-2006, 01:51 AM
I think I managed to post the file named Book1.xls to the downloads section. If anyone is using the new rules (3.5) please check it out and tell me if I need to fix any formulas.

gazza666
07-11-2006, 05:04 AM
Just a suggestion: has the possibility of (say) multiplying all the GB costs and income by 12 been considered?

That would remove the fractions, I believe. If it bothered you that 2000gp does not evenly divide by 12, just make it 2400gp.