PDA

View Full Version : Complete map of Cerilia!

Drakkan
02-13-2006, 03:28 AM
My first contribution to the community!

Complete Map of Cerilia V1.0 (http://sidequeststudios.com/roleplaying/CeriliaCompleteV1_0.jpg)
Warning: Picture is 5.5 mb

I was planning on making my own map due to the fact that I could not find high enough quality references (the map I was workin on in the atlas forum) however in the process of making that map I ended up finding enough reference materials that I decided to make this instead. Will still do my custom map eventually, but this should work for now! :)

There are a few more glitches that I did not get to because frankly I got tired of looking at maps the last couple days. Mostly they are just cosmetic errors, but if you happen to find a missing or cut off name somewhere tell me because the map is huge and I likely missed a few. This map ended up being ALOT more work than I could have ever imagined, and now I see why nobody had done this project yet. So hopefully someone out there besides me will find it cool and my time wasn't wasted. :D

Note: the file is pretty big so I will watch my sites bandwidth, it gets too crazy I will pull the file. So if you want to keep the map... save it! There probobly wont be a problem, just a warning.

Enjoy!

Fizz
02-13-2006, 04:12 AM
Very nicely done.

-Fizz

Vallariel
02-13-2006, 05:45 AM
Fantastic Job! =)

Arius Vistoon
02-13-2006, 05:58 AM
yes it's a very good job. map quality is very more high every map i've seen in the web.

Could you the same map without level of province/source or best without anything like name of province ?

very nice map :)

tpdarkdraco
02-13-2006, 07:43 AM
Excellent work. I have just gotten back into Birthright after a couple of years and this will help alot. Much appriciated.

Azrai
02-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Very nice !!!

Robbie
02-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Excellent map. A pity that the game designers didn't include roads in all the sourcebooks. Instead it appears that only the Khinasi and the Rjurik use this "sophisticated" technology :)

Benjamin
02-14-2006, 03:46 AM
I get an error when I try to view the map. Perhaps your bandwidth limit was reached.

You can submit it to BR.net for it to be placed in the downloads section.

Osprey
02-14-2006, 05:04 AM
I also get an error message - would love to see it though!

Osprey

Drakkan
02-14-2006, 05:32 AM
actually I switched providers today and there was some downtime, gonna upload it back up again here in a minute. sorry bout that :)

edit: ok, all better now!

irdeggman
02-14-2006, 06:08 PM
Very impressive.

RaspK_FOG
02-14-2006, 07:16 PM
Truly great! :D

Osprey
02-14-2006, 08:16 PM
got it now -VERY nice work! It is great to have such a resource available. Methinks they should use your map for the Atlas. :)

Thomas_Percy
02-14-2006, 08:17 PM
greatgreat

Robbie
02-14-2006, 08:34 PM
I get an error when I try to view the map. Perhaps your bandwidth limit was reached.

You can submit it to BR.net for it to be placed in the downloads section.

Won't it present a copyright infringement? As I understand it, the map is composed of the parts from the setting and the sourcebooks and as such probably subject to WotC copyright.

graham anderson
02-14-2006, 09:17 PM
Great work keep it up the more resources available the better.

irdeggman
02-15-2006, 01:54 AM
Won't it present a copyright infringement? As I understand it, the map is composed of the parts from the setting and the sourcebooks and as such probably subject to WotC copyright.

Arjan should be able to fill in some more here, but as the "official" fansite we have some license here. If it is included as part of the BRCS/d20 Atlas I do believe we have the rights to use it, but credit to origianl autors needs to be given.

Seeing as part of the "Official" fansite license/agreement is that everything posted here is co-owned by WotC and the Authors (i.e., us) it should be alright.

Drakkan
02-15-2006, 03:17 AM
I was wondering about that copyright thing too actually, but since I found most of the maps through here originally or at least linked to other sites from here that had been up awhile I figured it would be ok.

If you wanted to put it up in your downloads section I could add credits to it under the birthright logo or one of the other many large ocean areas, just give me a heads up on what to put in the pic.

Mantyluoto
02-15-2006, 05:06 PM
ok idiots question now

does the map contain everything? All of Aduria (Sp)? or just the official stuff. i cant open the file since my work doesn't like me doing that....

Mantyluoto
02-15-2006, 10:14 PM
ignore last message. i'm home now.

Nice map Dude

Walter
02-22-2006, 02:58 PM
Wonderfull map, that the type of map i always wanted, better than the original ones. Thanks for making and sharing it.

ausrick
04-04-2006, 01:25 PM
I didn't compliment you first time through, but I just wanted to tell you that I downloaded it when you first posted it and for the last two months whenever I wanted to look something up (which is about every other day) I've found myself going to your map rather than any of the 30 or 40 other ones I've downloaded onto my computer. Really nice work! I appreciate it.

jsharen
04-04-2006, 04:42 PM
How much work would it take to make it so that the borders were not part of it?

I'd love to be able to take a blank slate and use Paint shop pro's ability to have layers. That way another layer could be put overtop of the image (like a transparency) containing the borders. Allowing for simple changes for domain borders.

Breath taking work btw!

brianm
04-05-2006, 12:44 AM
Amazing work! Thank you very much for the effort. I haven't noticed any very ugly problems yet.

- Brian

Master Spaz
04-05-2006, 01:13 AM
pretty interresting infographic work
thank you!
i think i'll use it
why not drop the map in the download section?

Drakkan
04-08-2006, 04:30 PM
thanks for all the comments, glad you guys are getting some use out of it! :)

The borders are easy to take off, you could do that in any graphic program (probobly even mspaint) just select everything inside the border and copy & paste it into a new image.

<edit>
Ok, I submited it to the downloads section. Should it appear right away or does it need to be approved first? I didn't get any error or timed out messages so I guess it sent through ok.

ausrick
04-10-2006, 02:54 PM
Yeah, it has to sit there for a bit until a moderator or administrator or somebody who's not me approves it.

LaeAndril Rayn
04-13-2006, 01:45 AM
Very good rendition of the original maps I have. Great job :) I especially like the extra details you added to it. I can now breathe a little easier if something damaging happens to the maps I have....;)

LaeAndril Rayn

Barrataria
05-06-2006, 11:54 PM
What a stellar map.

Can I host this on my website (if I have space)? I'd like to link to it but don't want to make your bandwidth problem worse.

I have a CC2 version on my site, but I know many don't use that.

Thanks.

BB

Rykros
08-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Dusting off a really old topic here, but I've recently joined BR.net and stumbled upon what people have praised as a really excellent map of Cerilia. Does anyone still have what the original poster uploaded? The link he provided no longer works and I can't find his work in the Downloads section.

Was wondering if anyone had access to this map.

Sorontar
08-26-2009, 03:15 AM
Portions of the map are on the wiki (see http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Category:Maps). I managed in the last month or so to find it in the Downloads section.... will look again.

Sorontar

Sorontar
08-26-2009, 03:49 AM
Couldn't find it in the Downloads. Tried to add my copy to the Downloads but it was rejected every time I tried. Will add it to the wiki later.

Sorontar

Sorontar
08-27-2009, 01:41 AM
Okay. The wiki has a size limit for images etc that are uploaded, and this is way too big. It can't be shrunk enough to fit and still be readible.

So my advice is to work with the regional maps I cut from it and are in the Maps category of the wiki. You are only missing bits around the edge of the map. Hopefully someone will be able to do what I couldn't and add it to the Downloads section of the site.

Sorontar

DanMcSorley
08-27-2009, 02:02 PM
I found a link in an earlier version of this thread which points to:

http://www.shadowsofcommand.com/images/CeriliaCompleteV1_0.jpg

It`s 5+ megs, and looks pretty complete to me.

--
Daniel McSorley

Rykros
08-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Wow, thanks Daniel! That is one amazing image and ideally what I needed. I appreciate the link!

Sorontar
09-13-2009, 12:26 PM
This map has also been added to the WotC group that is "associated" with Br.net at http://community.wizards.com/bright/gallery/view_gallery.one?pid=86320415

Sorontar

Arawn76
09-13-2009, 01:09 PM
This is a fantastic map, I've been trying desperately to remember for years who I stole it from. Thanks OP my desktop now reflects the wartorn glory of Cerilia :D