PDA

View Full Version : Need substitute for dragons

UVAtom
11-12-2022, 04:51 AM
I am trying convert different pre-made modules, and one problem I am encountering is the presence of lower-level dragons in the pre-made adventurers. Dragons being rare in Cerilia, I need to come up with suitable replacements. For example, I’m converting Ironfang Invasion, a Pathfinder 1e adventure path, and there’s a young black dragon that the group confronts early on in the adventure. What else can I use instead of the dragon? Just waving my hand and disguising it as an unknown awnshegh seems lazy.

AndrewTall
11-13-2022, 12:30 PM
I am trying convert different pre-made modules, and one problem I am encountering is the presence of lower-level dragons in the pre-made adventurers. Dragons being rare in Cerilia, I need to come up with suitable replacements. For example, I’m converting Ironfang Invasion, a Pathfinder 1e adventure path, and there’s a young black dragon that the group confronts early on in the adventure. What else can I use instead of the dragon? Just waving my hand and disguising it as an unknown awnshegh seems lazy.

I would use an enhanced wyvern, behir or other fairly tough draconic monster, or you could use the offspring of an awnie like the gorgon who are monsters rather than awnie.