PDA

View Full Version : Large battle without Battle cards

dmferry
01-25-2002, 12:30 PM
Hi,

I have a problem. In the next session there will be a large battle between the forces of Haelyn and Rjuvik barbarians.

The problem is that I don't have the battlecards. Some how the person I got the boxset from lost them? Does anybody have a suggestion or a place where I can download the cards?

~dmferry

Lawgiver
01-25-2002, 12:56 PM
All of the unit statistics are listed on this page here:
http://www.birthright.net/index.php?subsection=Book%20of%20Regency&dnd_edition=2nd&id=321
Unfortunately you don't have the cards to run the battles.

Let me know if you find the actual warcards.

Lawgiver
01-26-2002, 03:37 AM
I don't know why I didn't think of it before....
You could always download the "The Legacy of Kings" from the WotC website. Its a "board game" version of the warcards.

the url on the WotC website is:
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/DnD_BR.asp#1

dmferry
01-26-2002, 10:22 AM
Nope there are no warcards in the game. Lots of random stuff like change cards and such. Maybe WotC scanned the BR boxset including warcards...we can only hope :)

~dmferry

dmferry
01-26-2002, 10:29 AM
OKay I have to forget about the battle cards but the battle is still gonna happen. How would you run a big battle between 750 blood crazed barbarians and 750 blood crazed barbarians including several PC's?

I don't want a dice elbow if you know what I mean!

Suggestions are welcome

~dmferry

Riegan Swordwraith
01-26-2002, 04:19 PM
TSR,WotC,or whoever have yet to develop a good mass-combat system.The battlecard system is okay,but it could be better.I wish I had a clue on how to help ya out there....

Lawgiver
01-26-2002, 08:38 PM
Orginally posted by dmferry
How would you run a big battle between 750 blood crazed barbarians and 750 blood crazed barbarians including several PC's?

I'd include lots of screaming, war cries, battle songs, war paint and blood... ;)

dmferry
01-27-2002, 10:58 PM
okay I don't need a rerun of Braveheart ;)

1 option left. Write a combat system.

~dmferry

dmferry
01-28-2002, 09:51 PM
I actualt thought of something and when I am done I will post it here. It will not recieve a award for beauty but if it works it's fine with me...

dmferry