PDA

View Full Version : New Birthright Campaign - Which conversion?

salz78
05-14-2019, 12:54 AM
Hi all, I'm about to start a new Birthright campaign in 5th edition. I've seen a few different conversions out there. I'm just curious if there is a particular one most of you use that seems most balanced?

Thanks!

Fizz
05-15-2019, 06:38 PM
Hi all, I'm about to start a new Birthright campaign in 5th edition. I've seen a few different conversions out there. I'm just curious if there is a particular one most of you use that seems most balanced? Thanks!

That's a good question, not easily answered. I don't know that anyone has tried / compared them yet. My own preference would be toward those that are faithful to the original setting. That is- adapt the rules to fit the setting, not the other way around.

I would suggest that the conversions of the Guilder and Magician that were done here (by myself and Tahliat) are quite good and faithful to their original. No adventure is complete without them. :)

-Fizz

JakobLiar
05-15-2019, 09:05 PM
I have only tried the 42(45?) page document and think it went pretty well for the Convention games that I ran. My players seemed to have enjoyed it and despite the 100+ documents I had to run alongside the 40-something page document, it went smoothly after the initial bump and grind of getting to understand it.

salz78
05-16-2019, 05:00 PM
That's a good question, not easily answered. I don't know that anyone has tried / compared them yet. My own preference would be toward those that are faithful to the original setting. That is- adapt the rules to fit the setting, not the other way around.

I would suggest that the conversions of the Guilder and Magician that were done here (by myself and Tahliat) are quite good and faithful to their original. No adventure is complete without them. :)

-Fizz

Hey Fizz, do you know where I can download those conversions?

Thanks!

Fizz
05-16-2019, 08:21 PM
Hey Fizz, do you know where I can download those conversions? Thanks!

They are on the 5E wiki here. There isn't much in the way of flavour text (since you can get those from the original sources, the original box set and Havens of the Great Bay). But what is provided are the necessary class mechanics / rules adapted to 5E.

http://www.birthright.net/forums/showwiki.php?title=5eBRCS

Always free to ask questions here though- we all love talking Birthright. Good to hear that people are still playing and making use of the conversions.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

-Fizz