PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance

Arius Vistoon
12-19-2018, 06:10 AM
Hi,
at the end of the years /beginning of the new years, the website will be in a very important maintenance.
So don't worry if you found something wrong ;)
I choose this time because many people are busy in Christmas and new years ...;)

For imformation, we will change the heart of the old website
technology.

sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding

nickgreyden
12-19-2018, 01:33 PM
Any idea what dates and time frame for the maintenance?

Also, thanks for all the work I'm sure this is going to take and has already taken!

DarkApple
12-21-2018, 03:54 PM
Also, thanks for all the work I'm sure this is going to take and has already taken!

+1 thanks for still looking after the website :)

AndrewTall
12-21-2018, 08:00 PM
Thanks for both the warning and the work Arius. Very welcome.

Arjan
12-22-2018, 11:56 PM
cheers Arius! :)

Lord_Johnny
12-23-2018, 02:06 AM
Like everyone else said. Thank you for the heads up and hard work.

Arius Vistoon
01-19-2019, 09:50 AM
there are a little problem with password.

After the big maintenance : 26 and 27 /01/ 2019

for security issue, i doesn't know password, so when we will try to log in the website, the website will say us, it's a wrong password.

The only (clean) solution i have it's that :

Clic on the "i forget my password"
You receive a link to change your password
Change it

if you don't receive the link in 10 minutes, there are a problem with your email (or the webmail of the server). So you need to send me an email at vistoon______@_____symuon.com (remove _____ to have the correct email) with your logging; we well check together if the account is yours and i will change it for you.

26 / 01 and 27 / 01 all the week-end, the website will be close

Arjan
01-20-2019, 11:15 PM
Cheers Arius, i understand. since you can not copy the encrypted user passwords from one software to the other software (since they are encrypted differently) it is required for everyone to generate a new password in order to access his account again

there are a little problem with password.

After the big maintenance : 26 and 27 /01/ 2019

for security issue, i doesn't know password, so when we will try to log in the website, the website will say us, it's a wrong password.

The only (clean) solution i have it's that :

Clic on the "i forget my password"
You receive a link to change your password
Change it

if you don't receive the link in 10 minutes, there are a problem with your email (or the webmail of the server). So you need to send me an email at vistoon______@_____symuon.com (remove _____ to have the correct email) with your logging; we well check together if the account is yours and i will change it for you.

26 / 01 and 27 / 01 all the week-end, the website will be close

Arius Vistoon
01-21-2019, 08:37 AM
Cheers Arius, i understand. since you can not copy the encrypted user passwords from one software to the other software (since they are encrypted differently) it is required for everyone to generate a new password in order to access his account again

yes exactly

AndrewTall
01-22-2019, 10:56 PM
Is there a way to change the message when users try to log in to say:

"Due to software updates you need to use 'forgot my password' to generate a new password in order to log in"

when people try to log in instead of the usual 'wrong password' text, as otherwise people may think they typed their password in incorrectly.

Arius Vistoon
01-23-2019, 12:35 PM
yes, i will change it.
thanks to notice it

Arius Vistoon
01-28-2019, 05:20 AM
i did lot of tests and i'm not ready. So i rollback.

My next windows to upgrade is 16/17 February
(but i don't stop the website all the week-end, just something like 3 hours on sunday)